QM2 Jan-Mar 2022 Itineraries

bluemarble

I am confused. I just received my email from Cunard telling me that my balance must be paid by Sept 5th. Although the UK is not requiring  vaccinated travelors to quarantine after arriving, I think the US still has a ban on UK travelers to the US. Or has this been lifted?   How will that work?  They get to NYC but dont get off the ship? 

Anyway, I am just going to forfeit my $214 deposit, sadly. I booked knowing this could happen. Just too confusing with all the changes. I cant remember exactly,but there was something with the dining room and single travelers? (since they are not part of 1 bubble)   And what about the buffet?    

I'm the one booked for 1/3/22  NYC to Southampton

Edited by Smitheroo

We booked the Feb.22-March 8 New York round trip. We also have a Oceania 14 night trip Jan.14. The Cunard trip is a "JIC" cruise. Several of the islands on the Oceania trip are currently Covid impacted. We do have 6 cruises with Cunard under our belts, but due to less Caribbean trips, we switched to other lines. I'm in the hospitality bus. & cruising before the holiday season is a no go for me.

I'm booked on 14 January sailing with payment due 22 September. If I pay this in full before knowing what I'm locked into I understand I cannot move the cruise?  I assume I am therefore locked in to possibly sailing around for 28 days!  Surely someone will be looking at these points soon 

1 hour ago, rbtan said:

We booked the Feb.22-March 8 New York round trip. We also have a Oceania 14 night trip Jan.14. The Cunard trip is a "JIC" cruise. Several of the islands on the Oceania trip are currently Covid impacted. We do have 6 cruises with Cunard under our belts, but due to less Caribbean trips, we switched to other lines. I'm in the hospitality bus. & cruising before the holiday season is a no go for me.

We're on this one as well...will be interesting to see just what the covid protocols are as each one of those little islands is a country (St. Thomas, an exception). Does that mean a test and a visa for each one? Could be messy.....

4 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm booked on 14 January sailing with payment due 22 September. If I pay this in full before knowing what I'm locked into I understand I cannot move the cruise?  I assume I am therefore locked in to possibly sailing around for 28 days!  Surely someone will be looking at these points soon 

We are booked on this one too and also hoping for more clarification by our final balance date - a little sooner at September 18th - but we are getting bloody-minded about it now, having had two previous Caribbean bookings cancelled and getting frailer by the month, and we are determined to go even if we have to drive the thing ourselves (I've had a dayboat on the Norfolk Broads - nothing to it!).

If it comes down to sailing around for 28 days in the north Atlantic winter storms and never getting off, what's not to like? - and it will at least be something to tell our grand-kids!

We've also booked and paid for all our Cunard Port Tours, (although, worryingly, St. Lucia's tours are not available yet), so really going for it - fingers crossed! 😀

I’m just wondering what will happen if more of ports of call on this cruise go Amber and how Cunard will deal with it either by changing to other ports (which might not be doable) or hopefully not by cancelling - as bbtablet says - 28 days just sailing round without getting off would do for me !

Not worried about amber so much, but some are at risk of red.  How would Cunard handle that one with compulsory quarantine and £2,200 per head costs in the UK?  I checked with my insurer and a couple of others for comparison and I would not be covered for this scenario. If you're in the of the Atlantic there's no chance of dashing home if the rules change.  Much as I want to go I need to balance these things.