UK Vaccination Proof in different name to Passport/Booking - help!

annarack

I have just read on the Princess UK website that the name on my vaccination documentation (I am planning to use the NHS app for travel) must match my passport and booking name.

This is the Princess Q&A on their website:-

My name registered with my doctor is different from the name on my booking / passport. Will you accept my proof of vaccination in my name registered with my doctor if this is different from the name on my booking / passport?

To travel please ensure that the name detailed on your booking, passport and the one registered against your vaccination is the same. If this is not possible as you have perhaps recently got married, please speak with your GP to request a letter to confirm your vaccination.

Unfortunately mine doesn't match, as my passport (and therefore Princess booking) is still in my maiden name and I am registered at my GP in my married name.

I don't want to get a new passport until mine expires, as this would be expensive and would also involve changing my name on this upcoming cruise booking (and several others I have with other cruise lines).  Therefore it looks like I am going to have to change my name back to my maiden name at my GP surgery so this name pulls through into the NHS app.  I really don't think my surgery would be keen to issue me with a bespoke vaccination letter in a name different to their records just to satisfy Princess.

This all seems a bit crazy as I don't see why I can't just show my marriage certificate at the port, but Princess's policy doesn't seem to allow this.

Is anyone else in the same situation or have any useful thoughts please?

I have also realised my travel insurance is in my married name (as linked to my bank account) so also doesn't match my passport/booking name - argh!

I think requesting a letter from your doctor is reasonable enough confirming that both the names are you...

My friend is going to request something similar as her name is slightly different on her ID documents.

Let us know how you get on...

• Like 1

I think you need to get the letter from your doctor, I assume you were previously registered there in your maiden name? 
They would just have to quote your NHS number, and then state that Mrs X was previously registered as Miss Y before her marriage. 
or Mrs X also chooses to be know by her maiden name Miss Y 

I have a number of colleagues who chose to work using their previous name, but outside work are known by their married name. 

Do not rely on your marriage certificate at the port.  On our recent sailing with P&O the passengers denied boarding were the ones that did not have the specified vaccination proof. 

@annarack

I really don't think my surgery would be keen to issue me with a bespoke vaccination letter in a name different to their records just to satisfy Princess.

Talk to your doctor!!!   Even if you have to pay £25 that would be cheaper than all the worry. 

Other than that get a document from a Notary Public,

Actually, having reread your post, I think personally I would change my passport, you obviously intend to be known as your Married name.  

Letter from Doctor to confirm your name change for proof of vaccination is one thing, but then when it comes to Insurance as well you are just creating too much stress on yourself. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Actually, having reread your post, I think personally I would change my passport, you obviously intend to be known as your Married name.  

☝️ This. Take care of it. It will make life sooooooooo much easier if you just take care of the details. (I keep trying to get my daughter to understand this and she keeps having "problems she doesn't understand" because she just doesn't do what is needed.)

• Like 5

Thanks everyone for your help.  I think I'm going to bite the bullet and change my passport, as the long term goal is to have everything in my married name.  Timing is just a bit of a challenge though as we also have an MSC cruise coming up before the Princess one.  MSC are happy to just accept my marriage certificate to link my names, but I would feel better if everything was totally matching, I just need to check MSC will do a free name change on my booking if I update my passport before this trip.  Princess have said a change of name due to marriage would be processed at no cost.

• Like 1