What custom dishes have you ordered in Luminae?

towel-animal

On 8/18/2023 at 12:05 PM, zitsky said:

Broiled fish for breakfast?  Isn't that somewhat aromatic?

Lox, bagel and cream cheese, smoked, cured fish and pickled herring are very popular and regular MDR, Buffet and Luminae breakfast offerings.

Edited by Kilroyshere
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kilroyshere said:

Lox, bagel and cream cheese, smoked, cured fish and pickled herring are very popular and regular MDR, Buffet and Luminae breakfast offerings.

I haven't had (pickled) herring for a while, but isn't the smell noticeable?  From the next table over?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I haven't had (pickled) herring for a while, but isn't the smell noticeable?  From the next table over?

Pickled or Kippered herring in my opinion, has little “smell” or aroma on a plate served.

I would ask you; you’ve walked the Buffet and sat next to people where herring was served.  Did you notice the smell or aroma?

I believe other common dishes, such as bacon, onions, garlic, that big platter of cheese, Indian cuisine have far more powerful aromas, which others may or may not like.

But back to the original thread, for those who enjoy kippers here is a treat Luminae will accommodate.  

Edited by Kilroyshere

40 minutes ago, Kilroyshere said:

Pickled or Kippered herring in my opinion, has little “smell” or aroma on a plate served.

I would ask you; you’ve walked the Buffet and sat next to people where herring was served.  Did you notice the smell or aroma?

I believe other common dishes, such as bacon, onions, garlic, that big platter of cheese, Indian cuisine have far more powerful aromas, which others may or may not like.

But back to the original thread, for those who enjoy kippers here is a treat Luminae will accommodate.  

There is a reason that many workplaces discourage the heating of fish in the microwave.

And what in the world made you think I would ever go to the buffet?  😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kilroyshere said:

Kippers are broiled, not microwaved?

Look at my previous post where I asked a question about the BROILED fish.  A microwave is an example of preparing fish.  All you gotta say is, it doesn’t smell.

I asked about "butter chicken" which is an Indian dish we have seen on previous ships in Oceanview.

A couple of nights later, the chef(who is from India) came to our table one night and brought us some of his mother's Butter Chicken and even brough us some Mango Lassis.

People around us asked us what we did special to get a special meal.  We just asked for it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, lylone said:

I asked about "butter chicken" which is an Indian dish we have seen on previous ships in Oceanview.

A couple of nights later, the chef(who is from India) came to our table one night and brought us some of his mother's Butter Chicken and even brough us some Mango Lassis.

People around us asked us what we did special to get a special meal.  We just asked for it.

I will have to see if I can get some Butter Paneer, that is my favorite.

In Luminae we never order the cheese plate as it is "fresh from the fridge" and tasteless.  Instead, at least on S class ships, ask your waiter in Luminae, the day before, if he or she can arrange for a selection of cheeses from Murano.  They have superb cheeses at the right temperature and perfect ripeness.  Best cheeses at sea, IMO.