St Maarten. Anyone have recent airport experience?

caymancouple

We did; exactly two weeks ago tomorrow. Wanted to miss the cruise ship shuffle, as you are trying to do! A bunch of big flights leave at once! But depending on your airline, the counter may not be open. We got there 3 hours early for a 2:30-ish AA flight. The AA counter did not open until exactly 3 hours before the flight. There was already a LONG Disney-style line that was well past the ropes. We jumped into it. Then, at 11:40-ish, the lane to the far left side of that one opened for ‘status’ passengers, in which PAX with the AA-Advantage card are allowed to stand. So we moved over. Check-in completed; onto security. Long lines…got through and we were at the bar with almost 2 hours to spare. NOTE: while we were traveling, I was checking the boards, and on 2 out of 4 days before ours, the airport reached capacity and closed the doors for periods of times…leaving folks waiting outside in the sun until some of the congestion lessened. Also, you MUST have a mask on to enter the airport…NO exceptions!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DingoMom said:

Then, at 11:40-ish, the lane to the far left side of that one opened for ‘status’ passengers, in which PAX with the AA-Advantage card are allowed to stand. 

@DingoMom I am also on the 2:30 AA flight.  I do not have "status" with AA, but I do have the Citi AAdvantage Elite card.  The one that costs $450 and comes with Admirals club membership.  Do you know if that one counts?  Thanks

We just returned from the July 10th cruise. 

Airport was truly a madhouse. The check-in line moved so slowly that people were waiting outside for hours.  I believe most flights were delayed.  My flight was 90 minutes or so delayed.  Which was good, as we did not finally check in until after flight time after arriving 2 1/2 hours early.  

we did speak with someone at the airport, and they said Saturday is the busiest.  

Hi, 

I flew out of St. Maarten yesterday (July 17) after my cruise on the Celebrity Summit. Because I was booked on a fairly early flight (American 1224 that departs for Miami at 12:45), I was on the first transfer from the ship to the airport. We arrived at the airport at 8:20 and the American counter opened at 9:00. I was the third person in line and did not have a problem. The airport was fairly deserted at this point. However, it became very crowded and chaotic before I left. 

Chuck

• Like 1

Wondering if anyone has any recent experience flying out of SXM on JetBlue and whether being in "Mint" affords any advantage where lines and check-in is concerned (bonus if it's the SXM-BOS flight).  🙂 Thanks for any info anyone may have. 

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 10:52 AM, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Wondering if anyone has any recent experience flying out of SXM on JetBlue and whether being in "Mint" affords any advantage where lines and check-in is concerned (bonus if it's the SXM-BOS flight).  🙂 Thanks for any info anyone may have. 

I would be interested in this information as well as we will be flying this exact route post cruise on August 21st.