Royal App Check-in Quirk?

I checked in for my Indy 9/5 sailing on the app yesterday. After filling in all the requested info - passport, address, emergency contact, etc., I was confirmed as checked in. 
On the app, it didn’t have a place to enter my phone number. 
For the emergency contact, I entered my son’s name and phone number. 
All looked fine. 
I later went in to my account online to check/edit the check-in for the reservation and my phone number was listed as my son’s emergency contact number. I had to change it back to my number. 
if this is happening to everyone, it could cause problems with Royal trying to contact pax with last minute changes for delays, boarding times, etc. 

Maybe it’s just me, but if you recently checked in on the app, you might want to check online to be sure your phone number is correct and not that of your emergency contact. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I just checked our phone online because I also didn’t see a place to add it on the app, and as others stated, it showed our emergency contact’s phone number. I changed it to mine. I hope they fix this glitch.

Thanks for the tip.  I just did the same.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

I just went through my check in info and everything was correct... 

4 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

I just went through my check in info and everything was correct... 

Love your post on living in IL. We also lived in IL for 10 years and while we made many good friends and loved the city of Chicago we could not wait to get back to CA as well. Now RCCL is moving back into Long Beach later this year so it jus keeps getting better. Enjoy your cruise, we are on the 8/15 cruise out of Galveston. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

Love your post on living in IL. We also lived in IL for 10 years and while we made many good friends and loved the city of Chicago we could not wait to get back to CA as well. Now RCCL is moving back into Long Beach later this year so it jus keeps getting better. Enjoy your cruise, we are on the 8/15 cruise out of Galveston. 

My DH still has 10 years or so before he retires... He want is leaning towards SC... I just want a coastline!! Its his fault I left SoCal (Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan area) 

On 7/18/2021 at 12:11 AM, HicksRA said:

I later went in to my account online to check/edit the check-in for the reservation and my phone number was listed as my son’s emergency contact number. I had to change it back to my number. 

Thanks for the heads which led me to find a very similar problem in UK.

We booked and put all of our information, phone numbers, etc exclusively online.

We later downloaded the app and simply used it to get phone copies of SetSail pass and check reservations.

Just checked account online and all our phone numbers have changed to emergency contact’s phone number. Which was easy to correct but would not have been noticed without your warning.

So in my case it seems just logging into and out of the app may have changed phone details.

• Thanks 1