Toppless Section on NCL

Michaelw5

Sorry, the Sun doesn't have a topless sun bathing area.

The only NCL ship that does is the Jewel. I hope it isn't too late to switch ships sailing from Miami.

If you booked a balcony cabin, she could go topless on the balcony.

Just make sure you don't have noisy neighbors.

Can my wife and I sun bath toppless.This is a big concern for my wife being from Sweden.She hate tan lines..............

As previously mentioned, is there a specific place to sun topless, no, at least aboard the Sun and the Spirit. I can't comment on the other ships in the NCl fleet. Having lived in Europe for many years, topless sun bathing is no big deal in resorts, and ships throught the Med, and other areas like the Canary Islands. What's the big deal?:rolleyes:

I believe, in a small enclosed community such as what we experience aboard a cruise ship, because of culture clash, topless is considered risque rather than passe' aboard a majority of lines cruising from American ports. It is not a common practice for American women to sun topless in public simply because not many American women choose to buck the idea if you do it, obviously you might be available to the men who assume it's a sexual thing rather than a cosmetic thing.:confused:

It's my opinion that in the seclusion of some of the isolated areas of the upper decks, topless wouldn't be an issue on any ship cruising out of an American port. Afterall, what law would you be breaking? My only concern would be, given the American cluture, you'd worry about kids, and perverts turning someone's cosmetic pleasure into something out of Playboy! I can not tell you how many times I've sat on my balcony sans colthing. I'm not a nudist, I simply like my comfort!:p

My guess would be that because of an infantile concept of what's morally correct and what is not, those ladies who choose to be comfortable, whould cause the sales of photographic film, to increase dramatically! Kind of sick, isn't it?:eek:

If that possibility doesn't bother you, please proceed, avoid kids areas, and perhaps you might start a trend. I sun topless all the time, why shouldn't anyone else enjoy the same pleasure?;)

I just can't imagine that there wouldn't be many women topless around the main pool of a Med. cruise. Every port will have topless, if not nude beaches. NCL certainly should be open to allowing Eurpean passengers to enjoy the sun the way they regularily do, and us Americans to experience a bit of European culture. I have sun bathed topless on other ships but have found those nooks and crannies.

Are you people over here going to let this thread die? We all need something to keep us going on a Friday afternoon! Especially when the temperature outside is about 5 degrees with a wind chill of -50 degrees!!! :(

Here is my story

On the Miracle I went to the famous stairway. While Derfette spent some time with the trivia host. And she did end up with the coveted "Stick on a Ship" so I guess it was worth it. So where was I. Oh yea this post is about me. As you may not remember I went up to the famous stairway and couldn't do it. Would I see something I shouldn't. Would I be emarrASSEd. would I get excited, would I grab all the gusto I could. A full topless panic attack.

Here is my story

And she did end up with the coveted "Stick on a Ship" so I guess it was worth it..

What's the "coveted stick on a ship"? Now I'm curious. Is it the trivia prize?

Given the thread topic, I can think of other things, but I'm now going there.

Archived