RCL Math regarding BOA Cruise Points

Has anyone had experience booking a cruise with BOA cruise points?

As I approach higher numbers, I wonder about how the math works.  It says it is limited to $2,500 value.  

For example, if I look at an Alaska 7 night cruise for 2 people in 2022, the gross price before all the discounts is approx $3,700 without taxes, and $2,250 AFTER all the upfront discounts.

So does the $2,500 value cover the $2,250 net price, or is the $2,500 subtracted from $3,700, leaving $1,200 due plus taxes and port fees?  If this is the case the savings is about $1,000.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this question.

Eddie

Your points should cover the $2,250 unless that number includes port taxes.  It will NOT cover the port taxes  So if your cruise fare after discounts was $2000 and the taxes $250 you will get $2000 applied and owe the $250

Edited by molly361

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Your points should cover the $2,250 unless that number includes port taxes.  It will NOT cover the port taxes  So if your cruise fare after discounts was $2000 and the taxes $250 you will get $2000 applied and owe the $250

In my example then the benefit is $2,250 (this figure is before taxes and port charges) much better than the $1,000 I was afraid was going to be the answer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

In my example then the benefit is $2,250 (this figure is before taxes and port charges) much better than the $1,000 I was afraid was going to be the answer.

You can call them and ask  It has been years since I used points towards a cruise fare  888-305-4626

1 hour ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Has anyone had experience booking a cruise with BOA cruise points?

As I approach higher numbers, I wonder about how the math works.  It says it is limited to $2,500 value.  

For example, if I look at an Alaska 7 night cruise for 2 people in 2022, the gross price before all the discounts is approx $3,700 without taxes, and $2,250 AFTER all the upfront discounts.

So does the $2,500 value cover the $2,250 net price, or is the $2,500 subtracted from $3,700, leaving $1,200 due plus taxes and port fees?  If this is the case the savings is about $1,000.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this question.

Eddie

The points go toward what your cost is going to be after discounts.