How was your experience cancelling a cruise using Princess Vacation Protection?

piggybabymcpig

I am booked on an Alaskan cruise in September.  I have mixed vaccines and at this point will not be able to cruise.  I am not sure if I should cancel now and receive a refund through Princess or hold on until mid September and hope that the situation changes.  How difficult and lengthy is the process cancelling through Princess Vacation Protection?

1 hour ago, piggybabymcpig said:

I am not sure if I should cancel now and receive a refund through Princess or hold on until mid September and hope that the situation changes.

In addition to their PVP their Book with Confidence program is another cancelation option.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/

Thank you for that information Astro Flyer.  I had called Princess last week to see what my options were and the customer service rep did not tell me about this one.  She gave me a cacellation date of July 28th so that is good to know about the 30 day window.

12 minutes ago, piggybabymcpig said:

Thank you for that information Astro Flyer.  I had called Princess last week to see what my options were and the customer service rep did not tell me about this one.  She gave me a cacellation date of July 28th so that is good to know about the 30 day window.

You’re welcome & glad that you found their webpage helpful.

The date they gave you appears to be the 60 day final payment date after which cancelation fees begin & would be provided to you as FCC if canceling before 30 days in advance. The refundable portion of the cruise fare & other expenses are returned to your type of payment.

Sadly some misinformation provided by their CSRs has existed long before the pandemic…some are inexperienced and/or not fully trained by Princess. 

3 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Our English Springer Spaniel got sick prior to a cruise several years ago and it was very easy to file a claim and receive a credit under the “cancel for any reason” clause.

That happened to us with a sick cat. We were also able to easily cancel under the cfar clause. No hassle. No fuss.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, piggybabymcpig said:

I am booked on an Alaskan cruise in September.  I have mixed vaccines and at this point will not be able to cruise.  I am not sure if I should cancel now and receive a refund through Princess or hold on until mid September and hope that the situation changes.  How difficult and lengthy is the process cancelling through Princess Vacation Protection?

Did you know at the time you booked that mixed vaccines would not be accepted? If this policy was announced after the fact, you may be able to get a cash refund instead of FCC under the Cancel for any Reason.

I did not see anything about this specific situation in the Cruise with Confidence plan or the Covid Assistance plan, but I think it is a reasonable question to ask of Princess.