Drink packages

sltintexas

11 minutes ago, sltintexas said:

Do drink packages on Carnival Dream go on sale, like they do on Royal Caribbean.  If so, is there a sweet spot to start looking for deals, or just check every day.

I don't remember them going on sale, but they provide a 10% discount by purchasing prior to boarding.

what if honestly only one person in your group drinks. my wife drinks, I don't..are two packages still needed? if so than I'll just give her a limit and skip the package...cause I just refuse to pay that much, as I know she won't drink nearly that much 

1 minute ago, latisha1903 said:

what if honestly only one person in your group drinks. my wife drinks, I don't..are two packages still needed? if so than I'll just give her a limit and skip the package...cause I just refuse to pay that much, as I know she won't drink nearly that much 

Yes, everyone over age 21 in the same cabin must purchase it.  Carnival doesn't do exceptions.

I have only seen a sale twice that I can remember. I would not sit around waiting for a sale. Never makes sense for me as I would never break even on the deal. 

Edited by asalligo

They were offering some guests a special code that included cheers with their booking.  We took advantage of this on 3 cruises this year.  That is the only sale I am are of.  We have never had cheers in over 40 cruises but it was only an extra $150-$200 total for both of us on each cruise so we added it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I have only seen a sale twice that I can remember. I would not sit around waiting for a sale. Never makes sense for me as I would never break even on the deal. 

Yea, I think we'll be fine with bringing our own wine (1 or 2 bottles per person?) and breaking down the Cheer's Program is roughly what $52 a day (+/-). I know she won't go over $30 she's not a drinker like that, and I've given up alcohol (one week sober today) so the lemonade will do me just fine! 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, latisha1903 said:

Yea, I think we'll be fine with bringing our own wine (1 or 2 bottles per person?) and breaking down the Cheer's Program is roughly what $52 a day (+/-). I know she won't go over $30 she's not a drinker like that, and I've given up alcohol (one week sober today) so the lemonade will do me just fine! 

Yes, in my opinion that is best. Some people say it is worth it to just be able to not worry about your drink spending as you have already spent the money, but not me. I would be calculating every drink I had until I reached that $52 a day mark. 

2 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Yes, in my opinion that is best. Some people say it is worth it to just be able to not worry about your drink spending as you have already spent the money, but not me. I would be calculating every drink I had until I reached that $52 a day mark. 

Very doable for us. I promise you she'll want a glass of wine, probably a mixed drink and that's it. So I'll just factor that in and it will be on her card. This is her first cruise (5 days) she'll be ok, but she's not a drinker that would add up to $52 a day. 😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Hell, I usually reach that amount by 11am every day 😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, latisha1903 said:

Very doable for us. I promise you she'll want a glass of wine, probably a mixed drink and that's it. So I'll just factor that in and it will be on her card. This is her first cruise (5 days) she'll be ok, but she's not a drinker that would add up to $52 a day. 😀

$60 a day with the 18% gratuity added.

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

They were offering some guests a special code that included cheers with their booking.  We took advantage of this on 3 cruises this year.  That is the only sale I am are of.  We have never had cheers in over 40 cruises but it was only an extra $150-$200 total for both of us on each cruise so we added it!

We jumped on the same offer. One of our 2 sets of  B2Bs that we had cheers for was cancelled. Asked our PVP to have it added to the rebooked cruise but it could not be done. Was advised to call back if the offer appears again. We got cheers for 14 days for only $160.00

13 minutes ago, skrufy said:

We jumped on the same offer. One of our 2 sets of  B2Bs that we had cheers for was cancelled. Asked our PVP to have it added to the rebooked cruise but it could not be done. Was advised to call back if the offer appears again. We got cheers for 14 days for only $160.00

Score!!!  We only usually have maybe a drink a day, but I do like a milkshake once in a while and hubby always gets the bottomless bubbles and makes GOOD use of that... for the price difference I went for it.  I figure I will most certainly be able to enjoy enough to pay for it in full at the great reduced rates!  I plan to make the best of my Cruises this year and drinking a bit more than normal is included in that! LOL!

By no means would we ever pay full price.  I can't image ever drinking enough (though I know plenty of people can) to pay for it.  Our Oct cruise we have family coming and my brother and sister in law got the Cheers at full price.  THEY WILL MOST CERTAINLY make good use of it though - they are younger than me by many yeas and OOOOBOY can they drink. 

Edited by wemjam

32 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

$60 a day with the 18% gratuity added.

Thank you for this price- and it is per NIGHT, correct?

I got a deal for the "free" cheers included but I can get a much cheaper rate without the "freebie" so it isn't really free at all.  It's 545 more than another sale and the alcohol package is worth 420... on a seven night sailing.

Edited by turning40withMickey
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, turning40withMickey said:

I got a deal for the "free" cheers included but I can get a much cheaper rate without the "freebie" so it isn't really free at all.  It's 545 more than another sale and the alcohol package is worth 420... on a seven night sailing.

Yeah, the RU9 code is pretty much worthless. RU1/best and RU2/good are the ones you want to get. 

1 hour ago, turning40withMickey said:

Yes.

I got the Cheers code for my Dec. Panorama cruise. It was $200 more, but I figured $30 a day was worth it, with everything included. I never drink enough of anything in the package to ever use it at regular price. I do enjoy a couple of martinis in the evening though. 🍸

We aren't big drinkers but the best thing about the drink package is feeling free to experiment. Always wondered what a Pink Lady looked and tasted like? Order one! An Old-fashioned? Try it! It's a great way to discover what drinks you like and don't like.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mondello said:

Yeah, the RU9 code is pretty much worthless. RU1/best and RU2/good are the ones you want to get. 

That's what I got and why I said for me it was worth it.

Only let me use twice. Had to book the last one without it. I keep checking hoping I get another cheers rate offer. 

• Like 1