Norwegian Breakaway or RC Symphony??

We are wanting to cruise next summer to the Caribbean.  We have been on RC Harmony of the Sea and loved it and we were scheduled to go on Norwegian's Breakaway before Covid.  We really wanted Norwegian's Breakaway plus ships with more activities but they do not go to the Caribbean in June or July (I am an educator and can only travel in June or July).  We will have a 20 year old girl and a 17 year old boy with us and we all love adventure.  Which ship would you recommend?  Thanks in advance for all the help!!

If you want a Breakaway Plus ship for kids activities those months the Joy is doing Bermuda out of NYC.  Not the  Caribbean but close.  Also Bliss and Encore will be in Alaska during that time.

The Breakaway has quite a few activities such as water slides, ropes course, arcade, sports court, and probably some stuff I missed.  Most notably it lacks the galaxy Vr room and the go carts, and laser tag and the big double tube slide of the BA plus ships.

Otherwise an Oasis class may be the only option to have a ship full of activities for those months.

I'm not 100% on all the activities on the Oasis class for kids but I will be soon as I put down a deposit on the Harmony of the Seas for September 2022.  An Oasis class is on my bucket list and after that I'm going back to NCL.

I like to ramble so ill stop now 🙂 hope this helps a bit.

• Like 1

I've been on the breakaway and also the Allure (sister of Symphany)..... space ratio is much better on Symphany. Even though the ship holds more people, it is also larger so the square footage per person is overall better. You know how Symphany spreads everyone out through the 7 different neighborhoods? Well that doesn't happen on Breakaway. For me,, space ratio is the biggest negative of the 'aways'.

With that said, I like the food better on NCL but food is very subjective. I think that the big shows are better on NCL. I think your kids would like O'sheehans (or whatever they are calling the 24 hour bar food restaurant). Also, the water slides on Breakaway are FANTASTIC! I think your kids will do the ropes course/walk the plank once. Both ships offer other things to do. I guess it comes down to if you want to repeat something you know or try something different. Personally, I'd let price and itininary decide. 

Best to you! 

2 hours ago, clpainter2001 said:

We are wanting to cruise next summer to the Caribbean.  We have been on RC Harmony of the Sea and loved it and we were scheduled to go on Norwegian's Breakaway before Covid.  We really wanted Norwegian's Breakaway plus ships with more activities but they do not go to the Caribbean in June or July (I am an educator and can only travel in June or July).  We will have a 20 year old girl and a 17 year old boy with us and we all love adventure.  Which ship would you recommend?  Thanks in advance for all the help!!

There is no comparison. The Symphony is a better choice for a cruise.