Havana Bar open to all?

ejnsb

Pretty sure I know the answer but on the Horizon is the Havana Bar open to all?   Also, if you sailed since covid was there entertainment there? I know the pool area is restricted. 

24 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Half of the bar is open to commoners, the other half is in the gated community. Yes, they have entertainment.

The aged community. That’s funny😂

13 minutes ago, DramaQueen22 said:

Not entirely correct.  The bar on the "inside" is open to all.  The outer portion with the pool is only for Havana cabin guests.

I wouldn't really call that a bar. The Havana bar is open to all. 

12 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

On Horizon, much of the mixology happened outside and they would the bring the drinks to the inside. It was more of a bar than the inside.

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

On Horizon, much of the mixology happened outside and they would the bring the drinks to the inside. It was more of a bar than the inside.

On Panorama they have two bartenders inside working and the outside is basically pool runners who come to the side. I only really hung out there during the Latin music anyway. It's my least favorite bar.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

On Panorama they have two bartenders inside working and the outside is basically pool runners who come to the side. I only really hung out there during the Latin music anyway. It's my least favorite bar.  

During the day it seems most of the customers are outside and by night, inside.  I went there to buy a faux coke and ended up leaving and going elsewhere. It was taking too long for a server to come inside during the day.

2 hours ago, ejnsb said:

Pretty sure I know the answer but on the Horizon is the Havana Bar open to all?   Also, if you sailed since covid was there entertainment there? I know the pool area is restricted. 

@ejnsbyou are very lucky 🍀 Latin Fever band formerly on Panorama pre-covid is now assigned to Horizon. I’m jelly as I will be on Panorama 9/18 and staying in Havana and they won’t be there 😢😢😢

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

When I went there on Vista and Panorama it was all happening inside. But it was always in the evening and nobody was outside. I wouldn’t think many people would want to go to the inside portion of the Havana bar in the afternoon when nothing is going on there but maybe they do.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

They have some pretty tasty empanadas in there during lunch time (or at least that was the case pre-covid).

Never saw that while on the Horizon and staying in the Havana area in August of 2018 and 2019, each time on 8 day cruises.

I thought it was only on the Vista when the Havana area premiered.

47 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Never saw that while on the Horizon and staying in the Havana area in August of 2018 and 2019, each time on 8 day cruises.

I thought it was only on the Vista when the Havana area premiered.

I do not remember the ship we were on - maybe the Sunshine (that was my last Carnival cruise). They were out during lunch time with a few other items. This was in the Havana bar but I don't believe that Sunshine has the Havana class cabins, so it had nothing to do with that private area. I also don't think that there was an "inside and outside" part of that bar like is being discussed above, which must be part of the ships where they have those cabins.

8 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

I do not remember the ship we were on - maybe the Sunshine (that was my last Carnival cruise). They were out during lunch time with a few other items. This was in the Havana bar but I don't believe that Sunshine has the Havana class cabins, so it had nothing to do with that private area. I also don't think that there was an "inside and outside" part of that bar like is being discussed above, which must be part of the ships where they have those cabins.

There are some ships, like Freedom, that have a Habana Bar. Confusing to say the least.

It looks like on Valor the area was called Winston's (although I thought that was Habana).  It was definitely the Latin music venue a few hours at night and closed the rest of the time.

Edited by SCBarker

35 minutes ago, SCBarker said:

There are some ships, like Freedom, that have a Habana Bar. Confusing to say the least.

It looks like on Valor the area was called Winston's (although I thought that was Habana).  It was definitely the Latin music venue a few hours at night and closed the rest of the time.

I may indeed be thinking "Havana" and meaning "Habana", lol. Sorry for the confusion!

On 7/22/2021 at 6:42 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

Not correct.  The bar is open to all on the INSIDE.  The OUTSIDE area is strictly for Havana area cabin guests.  Stop spreading misinformation.  In order to go outside, you have to have a wristband or the sticker on your S and S card...and they are checked at the door.

10 minutes ago, DramaQueen22 said:

Not correct.  The bar is open to all on the INSIDE.  The OUTSIDE area is strictly for Havana area cabin guests.  Stop spreading misinformation.  In order to go outside, you have to have a wristband or the sticker on your S and S card...and they are checked at the door.

At ANY time, ANY person can walk up to the inside Havana bar and get a drink or specialty coffee.  Therefore, it is open to ALL.  

• The Havana Bar is open to all guests, daytime and nighttime, serving classic Cuban cocktails, Cuban coffee and Cuban sodas ($).
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kleibo said:

At ANY time, ANY person can walk up to the inside Havana bar and get a drink or specialty coffee.  Therefore, it is open to ALL.  

• The Havana Bar is open to all guests, daytime and nighttime, serving classic Cuban cocktails, Cuban coffee and Cuban sodas ($).

If you actually read my post, I clearly said it is open to ALL on the inside only.  The OUTSIDE portion is only for Havana area guests.  

Also on the newer ships it seems they have gone back to "daytime access".

Mardi-gras -  Havana staterooms feature Cuba-inspired décor and exclusive daytime access to the Havana Pool area.

Vista - Havana staterooms feature Cuba-inspired décor and exclusive access to the Havana Pool area.

1 minute ago, kleibo said:

Also on the newer ships it seems they have gone back to "daytime access".

Mardi-gras -  Havana staterooms feature Cuba-inspired décor and exclusive daytime access to the Havana Pool area.

Vista - Havana staterooms feature Cuba-inspired décor and exclusive access to the Havana Pool area.

It was that way for quite a while...anyone could use the area after 7pm.  Then they made the area 100% exclusive for Havana cabins so that no one else could come back there.  Not sure if that is still the case.  We are sailing in a Havana on the Horizon in October, so I will check that out.

I think you will have exclusive access on the Horizon.  I believe they changed on the newer ships because the area is actually smaller.  Not the nice back of the boat anymore - see link.  I'll stick with Vista or Horizon if I'm doing Havana.

Mardi Gras -  https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Carnival-Mardi-Gras-2105/deck08-6542  

I'm not sure if this pic will show up but to me the pool is too small and just seems like a long row of lounge chairs.   Definitely not as nice.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/shiptour.php?r=10679   click on the little pic 

Edited by kleibo