all inclusive beach/pool day pass

13cheeseburgers

I don't know about AI. I think there are only three places on West Bay Beach with pools that offer day passes. 

Mayan Princess

Infinity Bay 

Paradise Beach Club

Of the three I would choose Infinity because amazing reef snorkeling would be steps from my lounger. Then again Paradise is only a couple mins up the beach and Mayan is just a bit farther. 

5 hours ago, 13cheeseburgers said:

I should have more clear.  😃 I am looking for the best beach club on the island.  It does not have to be an all inclusive or have a pool.  We are looking for a great beach and good food. 

Thanks

West Bay Beach is the premiere beach on the island, there are heaps of videos on utube.

Good food is mostly subjective and consistency can be a challange, island third world country, sometimes supplies can be tough to come by.  With that said Infinity's Palapa Bar gets mentioned offen for serving good food, I saw a post the other day about Mayan's food being good.  Along with those the whole of West Bay can be walked in about 30mins. This means you can eat anyplace you like. 

Oh, Beachers, Bananarama (offers day passes) and Las Rocas also get mention often for their food as does the restaurant at West Bay Lodge. Most of what is served on West Bay Beach is Americaized. 

Ya know there may be some current reviews on Trip Advisor to help narrow your search. 

If you can pull yourself away from West Bay or if good food is more important Ginger's in West End on Half Moon Bay Beach gets heaps and heaps of votes for good food.  Unfortunately, they were closed that last time I was in West End. 

My apologies, I don't visit the island for the food, I go down because the people are warm, and the snorkeling is the best in the Caribbean.  

Ya know, there is a very active Facebook page Roatan Travel / Support Discussion....you may well be overwhelmed by the number of replies, some would just be posting in their own interest BUT you may be able to glean some very current information. 

Infinity Bay Resort is our favorite.  Their pool is massive and is on the best part of that beach with the walk-in snorkeling at the beach.  Amazing.  That is where we go and even stayed for a week.  Food and drinks are top-notch.  They even have excursions desk and great faciltiies.

Edited by BrotherCraig
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Since Royal does not offer Infinity Bay as one of their ship-sponsored excursions,  what company would/should we book through (assuming we can take non-ship excursions)?   I have seen Infinity day passes offered on several sites - some that aren't all-inclusive, and some that are.  I'd like reputable, good reviews for timely travel back to port, and all-inclusive.    

Thank you for any advice! 🙂 

4 hours ago, Momofshan said:

Since Royal does not offer Infinity Bay as one of their ship-sponsored excursions,  what company would/should we book through (assuming we can take non-ship excursions)?   I have seen Infinity day passes offered on several sites - some that aren't all-inclusive, and some that are.  I'd like reputable, good reviews for timely travel back to port, and all-inclusive.    

Can you not book directly with Infinity? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Guest 2000 said:

Can you not book directly with Infinity? 

This certainly used to be a possibility but there is no saying at the moment if Infinity is even allowing day passes. I am sure they are operating at reduced capacity and may be restricting  their facilities to paying guests. Guests may not want cruise ship visitors. You would need to write directly to the facility.

some ships are requiring ship-only excursions at this time and this  can change at a moment’s notice. Be sure any independent plans you make are flexible and refundable. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Momofshan said:

I just booked it for my group with discoverroaton (its a website) and they have a coupon that comes up in the chat. Pricing was much better than other places and I googled to make sure the site was legit, seemed like it since I saw good reviews on yelp and other sites. We also added the sloth tour with it.

They also have an all inclusive package that includes food but I'm cheap and making everyone go a la carte LOL. But both packages includes transportation so that's a bonus.

Edited by Ellusionz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ellusionz said:

I just booked it for my group with discoverroaton (its a website) and they have a coupon that comes up in the chat. Pricing was much better than other places and I googled to make sure the site was legit, seemed like it since I saw good reviews on yelp and other sites. We also added the sloth tour with it.

They also have an all inclusive package that includes food but I'm cheap and making everyone go a la carte LOL. But both packages includes transportation so that's a bonus.

OK yes I saw that site but didn't see the all inclusive option.  I'll go back!  They seem highly rated.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

This certainly used to be a possibility but there is no saying at the moment if Infinity is even allowing day passes. I am sure they are operating at reduced capacity and may be restricting  their facilities to paying guests. Guests may not want cruise ship visitors. You would need to write directly to the facility.

some ships are requiring ship-only excursions at this time and this  can change at a moment’s notice. Be sure any independent plans you make are flexible and refundable. 

Yes...still also kind of wondering if we should just do the Mayan Princess Resort offered by Royal.  Safest option in terms of refund availability, transportation/timing, etc . Decisions.....

• 2 months later...

We took a tour my first time in Roatan from Daniel's Sloth Hangout and it included a beach segment (as long as you liked) at Las Palmas.  My niece was dying to meet a sloth and I was impressed by the healthy animals, their clean and spacious surroundings, and the natural history talk by our guide while at the Sloth Hangout. (Only one of us held the sloth, the others just petted him and took a few photos.  My niece cried, it was such a profound experience for her.)  There were beautiful birds and cheeky monkeys, too.

Then our elderly driver took us to the most pristine beach I've ever been on. Not sure if the resort was brand new but there was no one else on the beach, and very few at the outside bar. We had a wonderful and relaxing beach day, with a la carte food and drinks at reasonable prices and good quality, $20 beach masssages, and a hummingbird feeder that had at last a dozen of the little birds swarming around it. To be able to stand a foot away from a flock of hummingbirds and watch them to my heart's content was an experience I'll never forget!

Meanwhile, our driver took a nap on a chaise lounge.  When we were ready to go, she took us back to the port.

We're going back in February, and I see the Sloth Hangout and Beach Day is $40 pp. A fantastic deal. One note: you meet them outside the port, past the parking lot where the taxis are. Beautiful port, lovely walk, clearly marked.  I found a video on Youtube of someone walking it and that was helpful too. Not a long walk and our driver was right at the bottom of the hill as advertised.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 11:57 AM, Travelgrrl said:

We took a tour my first time in Roatan from Daniel's Sloth Hangout and it included a beach segment (as long as you liked) at Las Palmas.  My niece was dying to meet a sloth and I was impressed by the healthy animals, their clean and spacious surroundings, and the natural history talk by our guide while at the Sloth Hangout. (Only one of us held the sloth, the others just petted him and took a few photos.  My niece cried, it was such a profound experience for her.)  There were beautiful birds and cheeky monkeys, too.

Then our elderly driver took us to the most pristine beach I've ever been on. Not sure if the resort was brand new but there was no one else on the beach, and very few at the outside bar. We had a wonderful and relaxing beach day, with a la carte food and drinks at reasonable prices and good quality, $20 beach masssages, and a hummingbird feeder that had at last a dozen of the little birds swarming around it. To be able to stand a foot away from a flock of hummingbirds and watch them to my heart's content was an experience I'll never forget!

Meanwhile, our driver took a nap on a chaise lounge.  When we were ready to go, she took us back to the port.

We're going back in February, and I see the Sloth Hangout and Beach Day is $40 pp. A fantastic deal. One note: you meet them outside the port, past the parking lot where the taxis are. Beautiful port, lovely walk, clearly marked.  I found a video on Youtube of someone walking it and that was helpful too. Not a long walk and our driver was right at the bottom of the hill as advertised.

Hello, your post is from months ago so I am not sure if you are still active on here. But, I am writing to ask what was the name of the resort and beach that your driver took you to. Thanks

13 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Hello, your post is from months ago so I am not sure if you are still active on here. But, I am writing to ask what was the name of the resort and beach that your driver took you to. Thanks

In case PP doesn’t reply, it sounds like they we t to Las Palmas from their review.

Why don’t you write to Daniel Johnson direct and and ask about options?

13 minutes ago, Travelgrrl said:

Yes, I believe it was Las Palmas (or maybe Royal Palms?)

We're going in December and plan to do the same tour with Daniel Johnson, only with a different group of us!

Was it just close to Daniel Johnson’s?

Were there condos built/being built in the area? Was there a bar and restaurant there?

How long ago did you visit? There have been a number of owners of that area over the years and I am trying to assess what it is like currently. It has had mixed reports over the years.

It seemed brand new in 2018, in fact there was construction apparent near the sign/landscaping at the entrance. I saw no condos. We were basically outside but I would guess there was an inside bar and restaurant.  We only used the bar and food service outside.

There was literally no on else there (other than staff) when we arrived about noon. Eventually one other couple arrived.  There was a hummingbird feeder at the bar and it attracted dozens of birds at a time.  The resort was not close to Daniel Johnsons.  It seems as if we went south from the ship to Daniel's, then backtracked back towards the ship and then a bit north of there to get to the resort.

To me, it looked new and I guessed that's why there wasn't a horde of folks there. It was a lovely, pristine beach and everyone was really nice.