Blue line vs green line - what are they?

Guest Snaxmuppet

9 minutes ago, cruisinglady65 said:

Going on Emerald princesd this coming Saturday..filled all info out except for taking a picture...right now I am blue lane..will they then take my picture upon check in..also I am picking my medallion up at the terminal

Yes. Even though we had a picture in our medallion profile they wanted s new one.

2 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Technically, the Green Line should be called "Americans and Canadians Only" line as Princess has recently started shipping up here to the Great White North

Strangely enough we were in green line in July on Sky, even though we are Brits sailing from Soughampton and picking up the medallion at the port.

However for next May we are stuck on the blue line despite having completed al the required data.

1 hour ago, Explorer2316 said:

Yes. Even though we had a picture in our medallion profile they wanted s new one.

They have taken several of me over the last few years due changes in facial hair although my passport gets me in and out of airports with no issues 

On 10/28/2023 at 6:51 PM, wineforhealth said:

No, just so up at the port you will be taken care of.

You’re right.,,got on board yesterday no QR code needed.  Green lane and medallion is all you need.  We walked  right on, biggest line/wait for us was the security area scanning bags.  Was very surprised at how crowded it was for those that either were in the blue lane or preferred to pick up their medallion at the port.  It was packed!  Reminded me of past years when we all stood in Disney type lines to get our cruise card.