Per John Heald, Pig & Anchor is free at dinner on the Mardi Gras

Caps_Shield

2 hours ago, Tyro1 said:

They keep putting the “foreseeable future” on any thing mentioning these “free” restaurants. However, I watched a vlog where they mentioned that the MDR was too full, and they got sent to Pig and Anchor instead, so I can see an issue where carnival is forced to keep these places “free” due to MDR capacity issues. 

That’s crazy if true. They probably aren’t even sailing at capacity. 

9 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That’s crazy if true. They probably aren’t even sailing at capacity. 

Yeah, I believe it was any time dining, so I’m assuming the check in through the app had some kind of very long wait time, but they are only 70% capacity right now. 

15 hours ago, Tyro1 said:

They keep putting the “foreseeable future” on any thing mentioning these “free” restaurants. However, I watched a vlog where they mentioned that the MDR was too full, and they got sent to Pig and Anchor instead, so I can see an issue where carnival is forced to keep these places “free” due to MDR capacity issues. 

I can comment  more when I am on her next week.  The only way what you could describe happening is with your time dining, at least from my perspective.  If you have assigned, which was the two level dining room aft, then you would not get bumped.  I am

sure they are learning as they go. 

15 hours ago, Tyro1 said:

When I was on the Horizon in Mar 2020, they were testing free Pig and Anchor for dinner on that sailing. They said specifically that it was a test for the Mardi Gras to see if people would eat other places than the main dining room if they didn't have to pay. They were hoping to avoid over crowding in the dining rooms (I'm guessing they didn't make them big enough and were assuming people would go to other places). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ray985 said:

When I was on the Horizon in Mar 2020, they were testing free Pig and Anchor for dinner on that sailing. They said specifically that it was a test for the Mardi Gras to see if people would eat other places than the main dining room if they didn't have to pay. They were hoping to avoid over crowding in the dining rooms (I'm guessing they didn't make them big enough and were assuming people would go to other places). 

As I said, When I get on I can comment.  One night of third party comments does not sway me ao far.  

• Like 2