Per John Heald, Pig & Anchor is free at dinner on the Mardi Gras

Caps_Shield

I am absolutely shocked.  I can not believe the amount of places that there are to eat on this ship.   Now Pig & Anchor too.  I'm going to gain 60 pounds on this ship next year.  

Edited by Caps_Shield
clarity
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

• Caps_Shield changed the title to Per John Heald, Pig & Anchor is free at dinner on the Mardi Gras
2 minutes ago, Caps_Shield said:

I am absolutely shocked.  I can not believe the amount of places that there are to eat on this ship.   Now Pig & Anchor too.  I'm going to gain 60 pounds on this ship next year.  

DId he say only on the Mardi Gras?

6 minutes ago, Caps_Shield said:

I think there is a thread, 3 places are free for dinner on mardi gras, here, culcina italian and the new place that is mexican and chinese. Forget the name. 

30 minutes ago, Caps_Shield said:

Might only be for the first few sailings

I find the mention of this very interesting.  I hope it does not bode the same as what we experienced in terms of traditional dining on the Oasis.  He has been selling outside venues and other places to eat fairly hard.   I will investigate when we are on the ship Friday.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I find the mention of this very interesting.  I hope it does not bode the same as what we experienced in terms of traditional dining on the Oasis.  He has been selling outside venues and other places to eat fairly hard.   I will investigate when we are on the ship Friday.

Here is the thread with all 3 names free.

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2021 at 10:53 AM, Caps_Shield said:

I wonder for how long? Also Chibang is going to be free for awhile.

4 minutes ago, lizord said:

It is too bad they changed the menus from what they are on the other ships... 

Yeah the thing I liked when I ate there (dragon fries) isn’t on the menu now. I think the trashcan nachos would’ve good good as well. Nice late night snacks that weren’t expensive ($4).

On 7/28/2021 at 10:30 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Maybe to ease break in of the staff of food operations as they “learn” the ship and process. 

Lol I was thinking to break in pax to more pay restaurants. Get them spread out more and saying good things about the new choices.

They keep putting the “foreseeable future” on any thing mentioning these “free” restaurants. However, I watched a vlog where they mentioned that the MDR was too full, and they got sent to Pig and Anchor instead, so I can see an issue where carnival is forced to keep these places “free” due to MDR capacity issues. 

Edited by Tyro1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I was thinking to break in pax to more pay restaurants. Get them spread out more and saying good things about the new choices.

All conjecture right now.  There certainly is no overabundance of income.  I am sure they are thanking the higher powers each sailing

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

All conjecture right now.  There certainly is no overabundance of income.  I am sure they are thanking the higher powers each sailing

Of course it's all conjecture at this pt. I already bumped the other thread with the 3 pay venues mentioned. Including italian. 

Now people are just posting about why carnival would be doing it. If people didnt conjecture what else? No one can know why carnival does things.

31 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Of course it's all conjecture at this pt. I already bumped the other thread with the 3 pay venues mentioned. Including italian. 

Now people are just posting about why carnival would be doing it. If people didnt conjecture what else? No one can know why carnival does things.

Was not arguing…. But fine

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tyro1 said:

They keep putting the “foreseeable future” on any thing mentioning these “free” restaurants. However, I watched a vlog where they mentioned that the MDR was too full, and they got sent to Pig and Anchor instead, so I can see an issue where carnival is forced to keep these places “free” due to MDR capacity issues. 

I can comment  more when I am on her next week.  The only way what you could describe happening is with your time dining, at least from my perspective.  If you have assigned, which was the two level dining room aft, then you would not get bumped.  I am

sure they are learning as they go.