Oasis Deck 8

5 minutes ago, karinad said:

I thought it might be because it accommodates more???

Could be, but the additional people cost extra anyway, for their own fares…. would they really charge the first two people more for the burden of sharing the space?

6 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Could be, but the additional people cost extra anyway, for their own fares…. would they really charge the first two people more for the burden of sharing the space?

That's how it's looking! They're classifying the cabins with the stars right next to us a 1A. We're a 2A. There were only 4 cabins on the 8th deck as 2A. 

19 hours ago, karinad said:

Great! Better yet, then we can go there, too.

Make sure the door doesn't lock behind you on RCL's newer oasis class ships. Saw that happen on Harmony to a couple who went out there to take a few pictures. Good thing someone saw them locked on that balcony and opened the door to let them back out.

11 hours ago, orville99 said:

Make sure the door doesn't lock behind you on RCL's newer oasis class ships. Saw that happen on Harmony to a couple who went out there to take a few pictures. Good thing someone saw them locked on that balcony and opened the door to let them back out.

I've been on Symphony, Oasis, and Harmony -- never seen how a balcony door could lock itself. 

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

I've been on Symphony, Oasis, and Harmony -- never seen how a balcony door could lock itself. 

On Harmony, this door to this area next to the elevator bank on deck nine is not a sliding door like the ones on a cabin balcony.

Edited by orville99

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

On Harmony, this door to this area next to the elevator bank on deck nine is not a sliding door like the ones on a cabin balcony.

Oh, you were talking about that specific door -- it sounded like you were talking about a cabin balcony, which is why I was so confused.

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Oh, you were talking about that specific door -- it sounded like you were talking about a cabin balcony, which is why I was so confused.

Understandable. I was referencing the photo that John&LaLa posted of the door to that mini overlook on deck nine of Oasis, which is a sliding door on that ship. Harmony replaced a sliding door with a more traditional hinged and lockable door..

• Like 1