Oasis Deck 8

22 hours ago, molly361 said:

I knew there was a door there but I did not know it was for passenger use.  We stayed close by there once never saw anyone use it

Might be door into Chops. I've used it when raining, but only when leaving Chops

On 7/29/2021 at 10:37 AM, karinad said:

We're looking at the Oasis deck 8 balcony mid-ship aft maybe closer to the elevators. Has anyone experienced any problems with the location?

We love deck 8. We have stayed twice just aft of the elevators and did not have any sound troubles. Being too close to the elevators can be loud at times. We were 6-8 cabins beyond the elevators with no noise. We love deck 8 on the Oasis as we can access the Park Cafe for coffee and a quick breakfast in the morning.

2 hours ago, loman said:

You do know if you tell everybody that deck 8 is the best deck then you may not get your pick if everybody knows its the best one and takes all the cabins before you book.🙂

OHHHH great point. Deck 8 is terrible stay away, as far away as possible!!

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 1:37 PM, karinad said:

We're looking at the Oasis deck 8 balcony mid-ship aft maybe closer to the elevators. Has anyone experienced any problems with the location?

Deck 8 is our favorite. We've sailed 3 times in her in port-side large balcony on deck 8 even though we had our choice of higher decks. Central park is so chill and convenient. I'm a notoriously super light sleeper and noise has never been a problem for me. Highly, highly recommend.

17 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Deck 8 is our favorite. We've sailed 3 times in her in port-side large balcony on deck 8 even though we had our choice of higher decks. Central park is so chill and convenient. I'm a notoriously super light sleeper and noise has never been a problem for me. Highly, highly recommend.

Is port better for any particular reason? I’m looking at the deck plans and seeing mostly restaurants on both sides. 

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Hate to let the cat out of the bag, but deck 8 mid-ship is the best!  So convenient to everything and no noise issues from the elevators.  

That was going to be my question about noise from the elevators. We just booked deck 8 on the port side mid-forward right by the elevators. I hope I made a good choice!

12 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Is port better for any particular reason? I’m looking at the deck plans and seeing mostly restaurants on both sides. 

We prefer port for any room class or cruise line for that matter. We like to sleep in a bed facing forward and the ocean to our left. Nothing to do with where restaurants are. 

17 hours ago, karinad said:

That was going to be my question about noise from the elevators. We just booked deck 8 on the port side mid-forward right by the elevators. I hope I made a good choice!

We have stayed in cabins near the elevators several times.  The elevators are in a cubby area so any talking or mechanical noise is buffered.  We were never disturbed by folks walking past our cabin to get to the elevators either.  I think you will be pleased with your choice!   

3 hours ago, RoperDK said:

We have stayed in cabins near the elevators several times.  The elevators are in a cubby area so any talking or mechanical noise is buffered.  We were never disturbed by folks walking past our cabin to get to the elevators either.  I think you will be pleased with your choice!   

Thank you! I'm very glad to hear that! Our preferred location is as close to the elevators as we can get and we never had a problem. This is our first time on the Oasis Class Ships.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, coldflame said:

We prefer port for any room class or cruise line for that matter. We like to sleep in a bed facing forward and the ocean to our left. Nothing to do with where restaurants are. 

Interesting.....I never noticed that all cruise lines have the beds facing forward only on the port side. Good to know.  

5 hours ago, RoperDK said:

we try to get a cabin near the elevators. No issues with noise

On 7/30/2021 at 1:49 PM, John&LaLa said:

I kinda like deck 9 now. The liitle overlook balconies by elevator are a nice place to look out onto CP.

20210727_142521.thumb.jpg.80a07fcf6e5dedf109a07629995ddcce.jpg

Thanks for the picture! I couldn't imagine how this type of cabin would look like with the balcony and view. Is this area all open to the outside or is there a roof over it?

32 minutes ago, karinad said:

Thanks for the picture! I couldn't imagine how this type of cabin would look like with the balcony and view. Is this area all open to the outside or is there a roof over it?

Central Park is open to the skies above.

3 hours ago, karinad said:

But this isn't a cabin, it's a public balcony.

Nice to stop by on the wat to and from our OV cabin

Edited by John&LaLa

On 7/29/2021 at 2:26 PM, orville99 said:

We’ve done about a dozen cruises on oasis class ships and always book on deck 8. Our favorite on oasis is 8202 - bed is by the balcony and the cabin is directly across from the back door to the park cafe. Makes it real quick to get back to the cabin with morning coffee.

Whoa! Back door to Park Cafe? Do they let you in? 
We’re port side on Harmony in March and will have to walk aft before we can walk forward to Park Cafe through Central Park. 

20 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Whoa! Back door to Park Cafe? Do they let you in? 
We’re port side on Harmony in March and will have to walk aft before we can walk forward to Park Cafe through Central Park. 

You can’t get in through that door - locked from the outside.

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They don’t.  

On Oasis class cabins will alternate with every other one face

ing forward.

What about the placement of the bed? Do they alternate for the bed near the balcony door?

25 minutes ago, karinad said:

What about the placement of the bed? Do they alternate for the bed near the balcony door?

Yes.  Find a cabin that holds 3 or 4 guest (look for the asterisk or triangle).  That will have the bed by the bat.  The cabin on either side of that will have the bed by the balcony.  pattern repeats

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes.  Find a cabin that holds 3 or 4 guest (look for the asterisk or triangle).  That will have the bed by the bat.  The cabin on either side of that will have the bed by the balcony.  pattern repeats

Thank you! I think we lucked out! We're right beside one with the star. The ones with the stars are $238. more!

1 hour ago, karinad said:

Thank you! I think we lucked out! We're right beside one with the star. The ones with the stars are $238. more!

Yes they are and I’m not sure why they’re more, it’s the same room.