NCLH Shareholder benefit

WBHB

Seems like they posted the OBC to our account with $50 under my name and $50 under my husband's name (the shareholder account is under my name). Is that how they usually handle this? BTW, this non-refundable OBC can be used as part of the onboard gratuity, correct? Sorry if this has been brought up before.

21 minutes ago, ROCruiser said:

Seems like they posted the OBC to our account with $50 under my name and $50 under my husband's name (the shareholder account is under my name). Is that how they usually handle this? BTW, this non-refundable OBC can be used as part of the onboard gratuity, correct? Sorry if this has been brought up before.

Yes, they often post it that way.  But no, you cannot use it for the onboard gratuity.

11 minutes ago, psac said:

They also split our OBC $50/50.  Between the drink package, dining package, and internet package already, not sure where we’ll use the OBC. Maybe a lot of $3 overages on espresso martinis.  😁

You can use your OBC in the shops,  spa, shore excursions, photos,  extra specialty dinners,  laser tag, racers,  and cruise next deposits. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

how does the credit work when solo traveling? do you only get 50 dollars or the full 100 dollars?

I've always gotten the full amount when booked in a regular cabin, even with a solo discount, but some people have posted they got less if they didn't pay the full 100% solo surcharge.  I have a discounted solo cruise coming up and got the full $100. Not sure if you are in a solo suite.

12 hours ago, shof515 said:

how does the credit work when solo traveling? do you only get 50 dollars or the full 100 dollars?

shareholder benefits are 100% obc even traveling solo. Meaning cruise 6 days or less  get $50, 7 to 14 days $100 and 15 days or more $250.

Success!  So, learning. Make sure you use your last statement (even if it is months old) rather than a printout of your holdings TODAY. Also, the name of the holding company (Fidelity, Vanguard, etc) must be on the statement. 

You would think they would have just felt sorry for me in seeing how much I have lost on the 100 stocks since buying them…😉

only glitch is my receipt says I owe $100 for the $100 obc. Um. No. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, trex-de said:

Success!  So, learning. Make sure you use your last statement (even if it is months old) rather than a printout of your holdings TODAY. Also, the name of the holding company (Fidelity, Vanguard, etc) must be on the statement. 

You would think they would have just felt sorry for me in seeing how much I have lost on the 100 stocks since buying them…😉

only glitch is my receipt says I owe $100 for the $100 obc. Um. No. 

they really don’t like you, do they?  😁

2 hours ago, trex-de said:

On my last statement, I did not own NCL. I bought in August, and sent in a copy of my trade transaction. It was accepted. So there is another alternative.