Test Cruise for Liberty

10 minutes ago, 4welches said:

Hello.  We are hoping to sail on Liberty in October.  Is there any word about the schedule for upcoming test cruises?  Has one been set for Liberty?  

THANKS

haven’t seen one yet and also haven’t heard when the dry dock will be complete.   All i have seen is that it’s first cruise is supposed to be 9/26 and we are supposed to be on 10/3.  

1 hour ago, dominicr said:

haven’t seen one yet and also haven’t heard when the dry dock will be complete.   All i have seen is that it’s first cruise is supposed to be 9/26 and we are supposed to be on 10/3.  

We are supposed to be on the 9/26 cruise, but it doesn't show up anywhere- not on the Galveston port schedule on embarkation day, nor on any of the port schedules. I'm thinking they're going to cancel it. 

59 minutes ago, vplsh said:

We are supposed to be on the 9/26 cruise, but it doesn't show up anywhere- not on the Galveston port schedule on embarkation day, nor on any of the port schedules. I'm thinking they're going to cancel it. 

thats just awful of them.  I really don’t understand the business decision that was made to only have independence take over some of the liberty cruises with them knowing it wouldn’t make their cutoff date.  

well I take that back.  I do know their business decision.  You gave them an interest free loan and they won’t even say thank you.  

I wish there was more communication.  We really want to go on our Oct cruise but just don't have good information to know if we should cancel and plan something else.  ARRGGHH.....I am thinking that if they dont schedule a test cruise for September in the next few weeks we may cancel......

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They should be wrapping up soon. It should be about two weeks sailing from Cadiz back.

Does the crew has to be vaccinated prior to test sailing?  Trying to timeline this all out if October and mid September test cruise are even possible. 

The test cruise is Sept 18th. 

Is the dry dock routine maintenance or were they renovating the ship like they just did with Freedom?

I won the drawing to participate in the test cruises but have not heard which boat I am assigned yet. I'm assuming it will be Liberty as Mariner and Oasis invites have been sent out already.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

Is the dry dock routine maintenance or were they renovating the ship like they just did with Freedom?

I won the drawing to participate in the test cruises but have not heard which boat I am assigned yet. I'm assuming it will be Liberty as Mariner and Oasis invites have been sent out already.

Nevermind, just found my answer on the Royal Caribbean blog. It appears it is just a maintenance dry dock for Liberty.

On 7/31/2021 at 8:57 AM, vplsh said:

Check the Aug 3 cancelation list.  I think the 9/26 sailing was listed as canceled.

On 8/10/2021 at 12:32 PM, Tinkbelle87 said:

Me too. Just waiting for confirmation.

We just got back from the Mariner test cruise and it was an awesome experience!!!  

The crew treated us like royalty and they were so glad and even emotional to be back.  It really made it hit home just how desperate they were to work again!!

We left on Wednesday and spent all day at Coco Cay on Thursday and came back yesterday.  It was simply Heaven!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure what's the hurry but she's sailing along at 22kn on the way to Florida after her completed dry dock.

What’s the normal speed on a crossing?  Her test cruise is in one month and not sure what all needs to be done once back in the US.   Im sure initial provisions will take several days plus who knows if the crew is vaccinated yet.