Alternate Rapid COVID19 Tests -- Abbot's ID Now and NAAT

57 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I emailed Michael Bayley when the testing requirement was put in place for vaccinated passengers and got an answer that only PCR and Antigen are allowed -- maybe later emails are getting an answer that ID NOW will be accepted.  

I believe that new list of accepted tests just came out today  Edit to add the responses from Michael Bayley are not actually from him and I believe neither are his email answers😇

Edited by molly361

I am SOOOOOO confused.   We sail in August.  Don't know what test I need that Royal will accept.  I wish Royal would clearly state which tests are acceptable.  It was the antigen or the PCR (neither can I have test results back in three days where I am currently at as the labs don't send results until Monday - this was shared by both Walgreens and CVS).  Now I am reading on CC that other tests are accepted which would be great. 

Please Royal, spell this out for us clearly!  You have loyal customers who want to cruise but you are making it difficult!

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I believe that new list of accepted tests just came out today  Edit to add the responses from Michael Bayley are not actually from him and I believe neither are his email answers😇

Thanks -- where do I find the list?  

I know that the answer you get when you email Michael Bayley, Richard Fain etc comes from the Corporate Office staff.  I've emailed the RCG and RCI's executives over the years -- often to praise crew members who went over and above.  As to my inquiry to Michael Bayley about the testing, my email came from a staffer in RCI's office.  As I stated, my email was early in the testing protocol process and your information is definitely an update.    

1 hour ago, keyboardjunkie said:

Please Royal, spell this out for us clearly!  You have loyal customers who want to cruise but you are making it difficult!

All the acceptable tests are spelled out in the link to the CDC's EUAs for COVID tests here: Where Do I Take A RT-PCR Test And Submit The Results Before Cruising? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

6 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

All the acceptable tests are spelled out in the link to the CDC's EUAs for COVID tests here: Where Do I Take A RT-PCR Test And Submit The Results Before Cruising? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

Thanks -- I've clicked on this link before but can't figure out what tests are allowed because the information on this page is very technical.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

I am SOOOOOO confused.   We sail in August.  Don't know what test I need that Royal will accept.  I wish Royal would clearly state which tests are acceptable.  It was the antigen or the PCR (neither can I have test results back in three days where I am currently at as the labs don't send results until Monday - this was shared by both Walgreens and CVS).  Now I am reading on CC that other tests are accepted which would be great. 

There is a link that lists ALL currently accepted tests.

1 minute ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Abbott ID NOW (aka Walgreen’s Red dot test) is listed on the FDA site linked from Royal’s page. A lot of people on the boards here keep arguing saying it’s not a valid one but it is….

8AB9E852-9BAD-418F-8571-8F12CC304558.thumb.jpeg.8081167cb6644c0e3f942c0e029e9df2.jpeg

That's just what I wanted to see.  I think I heard that some ships are actually using the Abbot ID Now Test onboad.  

On 8/7/2021 at 7:16 AM, molly361 said:

Do you know how invasive in the Diagnostic Rapid (ID NOW) test?

I’ve done it for travel to Hawaii, it’s a self-administered nasal swab, you just stick it part way up your nose and swirl. Easy peasy.