Are all cabins open?

We did a L&S from last Thanksgiving to this Thanksgiving on the Harmony.  Now the ship is sold out of triples and quads in all categories, and only insides and OV for doubles. 

We booked an OV guarantee room in 2019 to sail in 2020, L&S to 2021.  I'm nervous about the OV and there have been zero balcony options for months now, thanks covid. 

I know it is after the CSO ends, maybe, so this could all be moot, but is RCCL placing some cabins aside from booking to keep capacity lower or have a block of rooms set aside for potential quarantine? 

Edited by ugagal07

45 minutes ago, ugagal07 said:

is RCCL placing some cabins aside from booking to keep capacity lower or have a block of rooms set aside for potential quarantine? 

The former. Inventory can change at any time. 

Edited by Biker19

4 hours ago, ugagal07 said:

We booked an OV guarantee room in 2019 to sail in 2020, L&S to 2021.  I'm nervous about the OV and there have been zero balcony options for months now, thanks covid. 

I'm not sure what exactly you're nervous about... what is the actual question you're trying to ask?  Are you now wanting to book a different category than the one you did?  Are you now wanting/needing a triple or quad room when you only booked a double?

(And I do know that while my Symphony cruise was closed for new bookings, there WERE still rooms available, as my TA was able to get my sister in through his company's group rate, which still had rooms set aside that hadn't been recalled by the cruise line.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm not sure what exactly you're nervous about... what is the actual question you're trying to ask?  Are you now wanting to book a different category than the one you did?  Are you now wanting/needing a triple or quad room when you only booked a double?

(And I do know that while my Symphony cruise was closed for new bookings, there WERE still rooms available, as my TA was able to get my sister in through his company's group rate, which still had rooms set aside that hadn't been recalled by the cruise line.)

We are booked with 2 kids.  We always sail in a balcony to have the space and hang out after they go to bed.  Decided to swap to OV for this cruise since it was considerably less and we knew we would be out and about with it being a holiday cruise.  Now, who knows...

L&S turned it into a NRD so we can't cancel and even if a balcony opens up, ouch $$.  A double inside is priced higher than my quad OV right now.

I was hopeful some cabins would be held back so supply/demand start to balance out at some point.  So far, not happening.

10 hours ago, ugagal07 said:

We are booked with 2 kids.  We always sail in a balcony to have the space and hang out after they go to bed.  Decided to swap to OV for this cruise since it was considerably less and we knew we would be out and about with it being a holiday cruise.  Now, who knows...

L&S turned it into a NRD so we can't cancel and even if a balcony opens up, ouch $$.  A double inside is priced higher than my quad OV right now.

I was hopeful some cabins would be held back so supply/demand start to balance out at some point.  So far, not happening.

So, you booked an OV quad and are now having buyer's remorse and wanting to change to a balcony.

I would check with a Travel Agent who is affiliated with a large TA organization that has a group rate for that sailing.  That's how my sister was able to join my Thanksgiving cruise.  Side benefit of that is a group rate is likely to be lower than whatever the rack rate is, plus might even include some OBC with it.

Good luck.

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

As part of RoyalUp, you can bid on a second cabin - seems to be exactly what you need. 

The only issue would be whether or not the rooms are together.  Can they request the second cabin be close to the first?  Or could they be stuck with rooms on different decks?

12 hours ago, KimA75 said:

The only issue would be whether or not the rooms are together.  Can they request the second cabin be close to the first?  Or could they be stuck with rooms on different decks?

The bid would be like a GTY booking - can't pick it, but in the COVID era with limited capacity, the potential to move after assignment may be better