New boarding process makes status irrelevant

1 minute ago, StrikeEagle said:

Earliest wellness checkin time for Independence from Galveston is 12:00 pm

Sounds like they are starting earlier now that they realize they have had a month to figure out clearing/cleaning the boat.  Might not go back to 11 but noon better especially if you are having to check out of a hotel at 11.

• Like 1

Boarding based in status rarely helped much before the pandemic.  I remember many times where the shortest line was

for newbies and gold. I seemed to recall it was platinum and up which meant it was slammed.  Being Diamond Plus didn’t do much good in those scenarios and we often got out of the status line and got in the newbie line.  For some reason most didn’t follow us and seemed determined to enjoy the benefit of waiting longer based on their C&A status.  That always cracked me up.     

The only real benefit for boarding seemed to come when we were in suites.  That line was always preferable.  

I guess boarding will be yet another change to get used to post Covid.  Oh well, it was always kind of a pain anyhow.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlanLW9 said:

Hi All,

Just booked Freedom out of Miami for 9/6. I am seeing that check in has drastically changed. 

I am used to a 10:45 arrival at the port and generally being on board drink in hand before noon. 

Now it appears loyalty status does not matters and you are given a time which is enforced? Has anyone had any recent experience with this? What is the earliest time slot for the wellness checks? 

Trying to avoid the disappointment of following my normal routine just to be standing around for hours. 

Fully vaccinated if that matters..

Not sure the the loyalty status answer is but we leave out of Galveston on Aug. 15, did the check in on the app about a week and a half ago. We are D+ and got 11:00AM. Still a little later than my wife would usually be waiting but still not bad and about what we have had in the past in Galveston.