Bermuda Cruise

irishgirl666

4 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I read somewhere that Bermuda has agents working on the TAs 24 hours including weekends.

I believe I read they work 8 AM to 8 PM. Also keep in mind if you need to call them, Bermuda is one hour ahead of Eastern Time.

16 hours ago, shof515 said:

Last week on September 9 NCL sent out a letter explaining the process. It appears that your PCC did not get that letter or did not understand that the process changed. NCL process is identical to the Crystal cruises process except for a few things.

yes, i was just going over the letter (again) and if you put together all the pieces of the puzzles, it seems that overall, we will be submitting 3 separate tests to Bermuda...

Here's the question/confusing part....it says, you must have a PCR test 'within 96 hours' of your sail date...so if your sail date is 10/17 @5:00pm....your 96 hour window begins 10/13 @5:00pm and ends at 10/17 @5:00pm...so the PCR test that NCL gives you at the terminal before you get on the ship will be inside the 96 hour window....(part of me thinks that the Bermuda website might be using the wrong verbiage).

I would like some clarification from NCL....do we need to have a test before we arrive at the Manhattan terminal?

I'm still going to have the instant PCR text 3 days before sailing, and get my TA applied for....but why do they have to make it so confusing!

Edited by AnitaVacation

quick question.....I know I saw this topic somewhere (a long time ago)...the excursion credit.  Because we are only going to one port, do we get more than one excursion credit??  Seems I remember seeing something awhile back that we get more than one...

Edited by AnitaVacation

12 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

I would like some clarification from NCL....do we need to have a test before we arrive at the Manhattan terminal?

yes you test before you get to the terminal. this test is part of the Bermuda requirements as part of the TA process

9 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

quick question.....I know I saw this topic somewhere (a long time ago)...the excursion credit.  Because we are only going to one port, do we get more than one excursion credit??  Seems I remember seeing something awhile back that we get more...

yes the credit is good for all 3 days the ship is in port 

20 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

yes, i was just going over the letter (again) and if you put together all the pieces of the puzzles, it seems that overall, we will be submitting 3 separate tests to Bermuda...

Here's the question/confusing part....it says, you must have a PCR test 'within 96 hours' of your sail date...so if your sail date is 10/17 @5:00pm....your 96 hour window begins 10/13 @5:00pm and ends at 10/17 @5:00pm...so the PCR test that NCL gives you at the terminal before you get on the ship will be inside the 96 hour window....(part of me thinks that the Bermuda website might be using the wrong verbiage).

I'm still going to have the instant PCR text 3 days before sailing, and get my TA applied for....but why do they have to make it so confusing!

You absolutely do have to test prior to arrival at the terminal. In order to apply for the Bermuda Travel Authorization, you need to complete a PCR test and upload the results to your application more than 24 hours out from sailing. Bermuda recommends doing the test "first thing" the Wednesday morning prior to your Sunday sail date. You would ideally get your results back and be able to complete your Travel Authorization application on Thursday or Friday, then receive your approval on Saturday.

The PCR test we are taking for Bermuda at the cruise pier is to satisfy their previous "arrival" test. For the Crystal sailings that were happening the last several weeks, people were being tested onboard for their arrival tests. The ship was not allowed to dock and no one was allowed to get off until all tests had been processed. Crystal was only sailing with 180 passenger. The amount of testing onboard that would have been required for ~2700 passengers on the Breakaway would have been unfeasible. So it seems the compromise that was negotiated with Bermuda was to have Eurofins conduct PCR tests at the pier to satisfy that requirement.

Edited by JamieLogical

@Whitefacekat, hey Steph, since you live near me have you decided where you are getting your PCR done? I stopped at CVS in Sturbridge to speak with them and of course they cannot guarantee 24 hour turnaround. If I am reading everything correctly as long as we have the test on Wednesday morning even if I get the results back on Friday and apply ASAP for the TA we should be all set. Thoughts.

1 minute ago, odie1024 said:

@Whitefacekat, hey Steph, since you live near me have you decided where you are getting your PCR done? I stopped at CVS in Sturbridge to speak with them and of course they cannot guarantee 24 hour turnaround. If I am reading everything correctly as long as we have the test on Wednesday morning even if I get the results back on Friday and apply ASAP for the TA we should be all set. Thoughts.

Yes, you do not need a 24 hour turn-around. If you test Wednesday, you can get the results as late as end of day Friday and be okay, as the 24 hour turn-around for your Bermuda application approval means you should receive your confirmation on Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Yes, you do not need a 24 hour turn-around. If you test Wednesday, you can get the results as late as end of day Friday and be okay, as the 24 hour turn-around for your Bermuda application approval means you should receive your confirmation on Saturday.

Thanks Jamie, that makes me feel much better, I was starting to get in a panic over this. I bet you cannot wait to board.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, odie1024 said:

Going to call Quest in Springfield, and CVS in Stafford (springs) maybe Quest in Enfield.   I am having my fisrt Covid pcr tomorrow in Southbridge at the Hospitals screening site, for a Friday Procedure, going to ask them their thoughts.  NCL said that should be good for the 96 hour Bermuda to load as fast as you can after the test, it should be good. 

Steph

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Whitefacekat said:

Try Quest Diagnostics. 

thier website seems confusing. whenever i try to see which places in my area that does covid testing it says a doctor note is required for them to do the testing and the only option they will provide is the at home test kits

On 9/13/2021 at 4:22 PM, JamieLogical said:

I recommend the existing thread(s) on these topics. The roll calls, as already linked and this thread:

So, looking at this, if my cruise departs NYC on Sunday, then I would take the test on Wednesday and I would need the results back by Thursday to fill out the TA? Can someone confirm that timeline? I'm not sailing until April, so maybe procedures will be different, but I want to wrap my head around this!

17 minutes ago, Melody7 said:

So, looking at this, if my cruise departs NYC on Sunday, then I would take the test on Wednesday and I would need the results back by Thursday to fill out the TA? Can someone confirm that timeline? I'm not sailing until April, so maybe procedures will be different, but I want to wrap my head around this!

You do not need the results back on Thursday. Bermuda claims we can submit out TA as late as 2:00pm on Saturday, but I would not push it that late in case NCL requires an approved TA to board. The safest bet seems to have your TA submitted by end of day Friday. Bermuda claims it can take up to 24 hours for approval, so that would mean approval on Saturday ahead of your Sunday sailing.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:01 PM, shof515 said:

Last week on September 9 NCL sent out a letter explaining the process. It appears that your PCC did not get that letter or did not understand that the process changed. NCL process is identical to the Crystal cruises process except for a few things.

Now I just received another letter from NCL saying to register for the Antigen Covid Test.  When I went to do it, it's the same lab that we registered with for the PCR test.  Do we register again?  I asked NCL they have not gotten back with me.  

For those in NY NJ metropolitan area, and those who arrive at the port at least 24 hours ahead of time and don't have their PCR test results..

I just got my test and results from LabQ within 24 hours.  They accept insurance.  I just walked up, filled out the form, no cost up front.  When you get a PCR test, they require giving an antibody IGG test to see if you've been possibly infected with COVID before and have the antibodies.  A finger jab (pr__ck), then swab, and done.  They operate mobile test sites in NY and NJ.  I found it from the New York State Covid testing search site so they are legit.  Sure enough I got my results with 24 hours and didn't pay a dime.  They claim to have never exceeded 24 hours.  Their testing lab is in Brooklyn NY which explains why they are fast.  Their mobile vans simply drive back to their own Brooklyn lab.

Quest Diagnostics and other well known testing labs will not guarantee fast results because they prioritize results for hospital and other healthcare providers. Many labs advertise 2 to 3 days which is too close for my comfort.

Edited by kylenyc

1 hour ago, irishgirl666 said:

Now I just received another letter from NCL saying to register for the Antigen Covid Test.  When I went to do it, it's the same lab that we registered with for the PCR test.  Do we register again?  I asked NCL they have not gotten back with me.  

For the pier testing, both the antigen and PCR testing is being done by Eurofins and only requires one registration per cruiser per sailing. The on-your-own testing 4 days out can be done by anyone near you.