Bermuda Cruise

irishgirl666

9 minutes ago, irishgirl666 said:

Any one out there cruising out of NYC on the Breakaway September 26th?  

On this page at the top of the thread click on the "find your roll call" link.   That is where you will find people who are all on your sailing.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2021 at 9:37 AM, NYcruzzer said:

We are on this cruise. Definitely check out the Roll Call page. It's pretty active with a nice size M & G list.

just received the notice regarding the PCR testing 4 days before getting to the ship.  I am worried the test results will not be back in time are you?

58 minutes ago, irishgirl666 said:

just received the notice regarding the PCR testing 4 days before getting to the ship.  I am worried the test results will not be back in time are you?

Yes that is why my husband and I elected to pay $125 ea to get our test results within 16 hrs.

• Like 2

where are you getting it done?  We are going to CVS and they said 1 to 2 days for results.  I cannot believe everyone will have these results back in time.  Well if not I save $$$ on the excursions I booked in Bermuda.  Just will not be able to get off ship.  This is my 4th time in Bermuda.  Really wanted to go fishing.

where are you getting it done?  We are going to CVS and they said 1 to 2 days for results.  I cannot believe everyone will have these results back in time.  Well if not I save $$$ on the excursions I booked in Bermuda.  Just will not be able to get off ship.  This is my 4th time in Bermuda.  Really wanted to go fishing.

17 minutes ago, irishgirl666 said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I believe you have to show the approved Travel Authorization to even get on the ship.

I finally bit the bullet and made an appointment for a rapid test so I’m sure it’s done in time.  Set me back over $200.

1 minute ago, Russiamomm said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I believe you have to show the approved Travel Authorization to even get on the ship.

I finally bit the bullet and made an appointment for a rapid test so I’m sure it’s done in time.  Set me back over $200.

Yes, you must have the approved Travel Authorization or you will not be permitted to board the ship. It doesn't matter if you are just going to stay on board because you're legally in Bermuda once the ship enters its territorial waters.

• Like 1

I am on the 10/10 and live in Las Vegas but I found places out here that will turn around results in 30 minutes to 2 hours.  The cost for the place I booked was $199 per person.  I did it that way so I did not have to stress getting the results in time.  I would just google rapid PCR testing and i am sure you will find several places.  It is not fun to spend extra money but it is a lot less stressful than hoping to get results in time.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, irishgirl666 said:

Goldmom no we are not.  Thank you for the info.  I am just overwhelmed and in tears.  I am in south jersey.

We’re on the sailing after yours, we’re using this place — the one in Somerset has great reviews on google, and they have a location in Princeton. $165 per person for same day results. Worth it for us for the peace of mind. 

https://www.liveurgentcare.com/services/rapid-pcr-covid-19-testing

ps — we were also overwhelmed and close to cancelling until someone else suggested this place. 

Edited by psac

so, this is sooo confusing.  I just booked this cruise last week for 10/17.  The PCC told me that we didn't have to do anything, NCL would take care of everything....we would arrive at the NYC cruise terminal, NCL would give us an instant covid test, then we would be processed and before we board the ship, we would be given a second covid test that would be forwarded to Bermuda (this would be considered day 1).  Once we got to Bermuda (on day 4), we would be given another covid test before allowed to disembark.  Once disembarked, we would proceed to the little building thing there and that's where we would pay our $75 for the travel authorization thingy.  He did say we needed to apply for travel authorization beforehand, but he did say we would pay the $75 upon arrival...now everything in this thread says quite the opposite....I'm glad we are not on the first sailing...plenty of time to get it all figured out before our sailing.

46 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

so, this is sooo confusing.  I just booked this cruise last week for 10/17.  The PCC told me that we didn't have to do anything, NCL would take care of everything

Last week on September 9 NCL sent out a letter explaining the process. It appears that your PCC did not get that letter or did not understand that the process changed. NCL process is identical to the Crystal cruises process except for a few things.

5 hours ago, eynsteinp said:

I am on the 10/10 and live in Las Vegas but I found places out here that will turn around results in 30 minutes to 2 hours.  The cost for the place I booked was $199 per person.  I did it that way so I did not have to stress getting the results in time.  I would just google rapid PCR testing and i am sure you will find several places.  It is not fun to spend extra money but it is a lot less stressful than hoping to get results in time.

Yep thats why we elected to do the 16 hr....we are in VA so it wont help you Irishgirl666

25 minutes ago, josephine678 said:

I feel I can pay and get the test results in time, but my fear is that Bermuda does not send me a Travel code in time to board. Will NCL give us cruise credit if we cannot board due to Bermuda failure to send it.

i think as long you have confirmation that you submitted it, that should acceptable to board the ship. they might also be Bermuda officials at the terminal to help with the approval process if needed