Bermuda Cruise

irishgirl666

34 minutes ago, kylenyc said:

For those in NY NJ metropolitan area, and those who arrive at the port at least 24 hours ahead of time and don't have their PCR test results..

I just got my test and results from LabQ within 24 hours.  They accept insurance.  I just walked up, filled out the form, no cost up front.  When you get a PCR test, they require giving an antibody IGG test to see if you've been possibly infected with COVID before and have the antibodies.  A finger jab (pr__ck), then swab, and done.  They operate mobile test sites in NY and NJ.  I found it from the New York State Covid testing search site so they are legit.  Sure enough I got my results with 24 hours and didn't pay a dime.  They claim to have never exceeded 24 hours.  Their testing lab is in Brooklyn NY which explains why they are fast.  Their mobile vans simply drive back to their own Brooklyn lab.

Quest Diagnostics and other well known testing labs will not guarantee fast results because they prioritize results for hospital and other healthcare providers. Many labs advertise 2 to 3 days which is too close for my comfort.

I don't think a PCR test 24 hours out will be soon enough for the Bermuda requirement, even if you do get your results within 24 hours. You need to have your TA form with PCR results submitted at least 24 hours in advance. So the closest you could cut it would be 48 hours out: allowing 24 hours for results and 24 hours for our TA approval.

18 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

One more question,,,, does anyone know if this PCR test is covered by insurance (since it is for travel)?  Should I check with my insurance carrier?  If it's not covered, does anyone have an idea what they charge for this test?? (I just want to know ahead of time)

check with your carrier. most insurances do not cover travel related testing. depending on where you get the test it can be anywhere from 75 dollars to over 200 dollars. you really need to look at the various places and shop around

12 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I don't think a PCR test 24 hours out will be soon enough for the Bermuda requirement, even if you do get your results within 24 hours. You need to have your TA form with PCR results submitted at least 24 hours in advance. So the closest you could cut it would be 48 hours out: allowing 24 hours for results and 24 hours for our TA approval.

Thanks.  I tried to edit my post but can't 😞  There must be time limit.

Edited by kylenyc

2 hours ago, AnitaVacation said:

One more question,,,, does anyone know if this PCR test is covered by insurance (since it is for travel)?  Should I check with my insurance carrier?  If it's not covered, does anyone have an idea what they charge for this test?? (I just want to know ahead of time)

If you get your test at CVS or Walgreens and your insurance doesn't cover it, the federal government will foot the bill, as they have a contract with those two places for free testing as part of the CARES act. Most other places do require a doctor's order to bill your insurance, so ask about that at any other testing facilities you are considering.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 6:15 PM, psac said:

We’re on the sailing after yours, we’re using this place — the one in Somerset has great reviews on google, and they have a location in Princeton. $165 per person for same day results. Worth it for us for the peace of mind. 

https://www.liveurgentcare.com/services/rapid-pcr-covid-19-testing

ps — we were also overwhelmed and close to cancelling until someone else suggested this place. 

Would love to hear how this place works out for you and if the results they provide meet all of Bermuda's requirements. We are considering using the Morris Plains location for our testing at the end of October.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:54 PM, JamieLogical said:

The PCR test we are taking for Bermuda at the cruise pier is to satisfy their previous "arrival" test.

jamie,

do you know this as an absolute fact?  my travel agent is still waiting to hear back from NCL.  i can't imagine sitting at the pier while Bermuda tests several thousand people and then waiting for the results.

curious how people on board are going to be notified about the pre-boarding PCR test (by NCL / Eurofins) if they do not have the wifi package.  do you just assume you passed but if you see crew coming in hazmat suits carting people away that they tested positive (end up in the brig?)?  🙂🙂🙂

On 9/15/2021 at 6:51 AM, SwimmingDragon said:

You get one for each excursion, per cabin. We booked two excursions for one day and got credit on both for the first person. We also got excursions for the other days and got credit for them as well. 🙂

if i recall from a previous post you are sailing on Oct. 3rd (same as us).  we only got one $50 excursion for the cabin.  are you saying you got 3 $50 credits?

thanks!

12 minutes ago, boswell0877 said:

if i recall from a previous post you are sailing on Oct. 3rd (same as us).  we only got one $50 excursion for the cabin.  are you saying you got 3 $50 credits?

thanks!

Yes, you get $50 per excursion per cabin.  So, as an example, if two people were on a $100 excursion, the total would be $150.  Next day, same thing

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, boswell0877 said:

jamie,

do you know this as an absolute fact?  my travel agent is still waiting to hear back from NCL.  i can't imagine sitting at the pier while Bermuda tests several thousand people and then waiting for the results.

curious how people on board are going to be notified about the pre-boarding PCR test (by NCL / Eurofins) if they do not have the wifi package.  do you just assume you passed but if you see crew coming in hazmat suits carting people away that they tested positive (end up in the brig?)?  🙂🙂🙂

Considering I was just off the ship walking around King's Wharf without an additional arrival test, I think it's safe to say it is a fact.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Considering I was just off the ship walking around King's Wharf without an additional arrival test, I think it's safe to say it is a fact.

I'm assuming you will be tested again on Sunday since your doing a B2B?

5 hours ago, ama123 said:

Would love to hear how this place works out for you and if the results they provide meet all of Bermuda's requirements. We are considering using the Morris Plains location for our testing at the end of October.

So yeah we went to the Somerset location this morning and it was great.
https://liveurgentcare.com/covid-19/. (They changed their nav so this link may be better than the last one, same place as before though.)

We had four of us, 9:45 and 10am appts, arrived at around 9:40, called to check in, they came out to the car in the parking lot about 5 mins later, did all four swabs in the car, got the text results at around 12:30, freaked out and called because it wasn’t a PDF, but she was uploading the PDFs as I was calling, got them a few minutes later. VERY detailed. Already got two of our four TAs back from Bermuda as fully accepted!  (And now my wife is freaking why the other two didn’t come back as well….). 🤷‍♂️ Should be fine, we’re well ahead of schedule. 

2 minutes ago, psac said:

So yeah we went to the Somerset location this morning and it was great.
https://liveurgentcare.com/covid-19/. (They changed their nav so this link may be better than the last one, same place as before though.)

We had four of us, 9:45 and 10am appts, arrived at around 9:40, called to check in, they came out to the car in the parking lot about 5 mins later, did all four swabs in the car, got the text results at around 12:30, freaked out and called because it wasn’t a PDF, but she was uploading the PDFs as I was calling, got them a few minutes later. VERY detailed. Already got two of our four TAs back from Bermuda as fully accepted!  (And now my wife is freaking why the other two didn’t come back as well….). 🤷‍♂️ Should be fine, we’re well ahead of schedule. 

Perfect, thanks for the information. I think this very well may be worth the cost for us. Hope the rest of your TA's arrive soon! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boswell0877 said:

thanks!

Sort of what Phillygwm said. I paid for the room, so it’s under my name as the head person. Any excursion I book, I get 50$ off. So I and my DD are going on an excursion in the morning, so I got 50$ off that excursion. I am also going on the night cruise into the Bermuda Triangle (can’t wait!) with my DH and DD later that same day. Again, I get 50$ off my excursion. Also, next day all of us are doing an excursion and again I get 50$ off.

Now, if my DH and my DD go on a excursion without me, they don’t get the 50$ off from what I can tell. I am the first guest listed for the room. So only I will get the credit per excursion. Luckily I’m going on all the excursions. Copied and pasted from my screen when trying to book an excursion for just the two of them and not me. Nothing was applied to my DH.

SHORE EXCURSION CREDIT WILL BE APPLIED

Free At Sea $50 Shore Excursion Credit will be reflected for the first guest at the time of adding the tour to your cart.

Edited by SwimmingDragon
Clarity of time

1 hour ago, ama123 said:

Perfect, thanks for the information. I think this very well may be worth the cost for us. Hope the rest of your TA's arrive soon! 

Mine came through, so now out of the four the only one we don’t have is my wife’s…. And of course she did ALL the work!!!

edit: a few minutes after I posted, hers came through too. So we’re all set!

Edited by psac
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, SwimmingDragon said:

I am also going on the night cruise into the Bermuda Triangle (can’t wait!) with my DH and DD later that same day.

I'm planning on doing this one too, but haven't booked it yet because I couldn't decide which night to do it. I hope it is cheesy and "mysterious." 

• Like 1