Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

8 hours ago, kamelia said:

Not for nuthin' but that's the number for general inquiries:  1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237) - ymmv with connecting to Medallion Experts. 🥴

I know...but I was somehow connect to Medallion Experts at the number....🙅‍♀️

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kamelia said:

Not for nuthin' but that's the number for general inquiries:  1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237) - ymmv with connecting to Medallion Experts. 🥴

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Listen to and follow the phone tree options to get to OCEAN Ready or DMW assistance.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, suzyed said:

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Listen to and follow the phone tree options to get to OCEAN Ready or DMW assistance.

Given the number of times I've seen people post alternative contact information here I wanted to manage expectations if someone thought this number was the backdoor to Medallion Experts.  I have found that the information I've gotten by using this number has been hit-or-miss (sadly, mostly the latter) of late.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, figmentdj said:

Ask this before on another thread but it got buried with no response, so I'll try here.

Please remind me:

With most everything being moved to the app, does the MD still hold court in one of the dining rooms on embarkation day?

No.  But you can still speak to a DR Mgr or DR Host and ask them to block you into the same table for the TD experience.  (Unless guest is looking for TD experience, there isn't really a reason to see the DRO - formerly MD).

You can also access DMW via the web version of the App.

How is it working to just walk up and say you'd be fine with a share table? Pre-Covid, we were seated almost immediately around 6:30pm, both on Europe and Carib. cruises. Wondering now for AU/NZ/ Asia cruises? thanks, Elaine

57 minutes ago, elaine5 said:

How is it working to just walk up and say you'd be fine with a share table? Pre-Covid, we were seated almost immediately around 6:30pm, both on Europe and Carib. cruises. Wondering now for AU/NZ/ Asia cruises? thanks, Elaine

Should be NP at all.  Easy to get seated if willing to share IMO.  Just decide ahead of time if you want a 6-top or 8-top, or do you care?

• Like 1

Currently on the Caribbean.  If you do not have a reservation, you stand in a different line.  Honestly do not know what happens after that.  We have had reservations every night and have had no problems.  Actually made reservations in the morning.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

No.  But you can still speak to a DR Mgr or DR Host and ask them to block you into the same table for the TD experience.  (Unless guest is looking for TD experience, there isn't really a reason to see the DRO - formerly MD).

You can also access DMW via the web version of the App.

Thanks. The reason I ask is because we already have a table for two reserved each night at the same time. BUT...we prefer a dedicated table for two as opposed to the couch/table configuration. That's what we would need assistance with. 

1 minute ago, figmentdj said:

Thanks. The reason I ask is because we already have a table for two reserved each night at the same time. BUT...we prefer a dedicated table for two as opposed to the couch/table configuration. That's what we would need assistance with. 

Right.  DMW does not block guests into same table each night... whatever the style is.  You do need to request that.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Right.  DMW does not block guests into same table each night... whatever the style is.  You do need to request that.

I was able to arrange that with the DR host(ess) on our last cruise. She assigned the two of us a window 4 top after the second night. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 6:20 AM, Benpointer said:

Since I'm posting on here and there appear to be some experts around is there anywhere we can access the MDR menus or rather, sample menus?

There's a website, eatsleepcruise that has them listed for the Majestic  specialty dining which is what I Googled, also found menus for the casual dining options by searching this forum, also has some MDR menu image on an image search but not sure how up to date they are as it seems to be rather dependent on the length and destination of the cruise - one sure thing is that there is always something to eat!

Now if I could just get the app to accept my bookings for speciality restaurants I'd be happy.

Still got a couple of months to keep trying, which is why I came here today.

Currently on Royal. Patter shows Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner times for Allegro and Concerto MDR as appropriate, Concerto is also Reserve

( Club Class). Symphony shows Dinner 5  - 9 Anytime No Reservations needed. Maybe this is how they juggle Reservation and Walk Ups. Only 2800 pax, so no lines at dinner time. One couple who did not have reservation were referred to Symphony. 

15 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Currently on Royal. Patter shows Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner times for Allegro and Concerto MDR as appropriate, Concerto is also Reserve

( Club Class). Symphony shows Dinner 5  - 9 Anytime No Reservations needed. Maybe this is how they juggle Reservation and Walk Ups. Only 2800 pax, so no lines at dinner time. One couple who did not have reservation were referred to Symphony. 

Makes sense - except 2 DR's open for Breakfast and Lunch.  That's new on me.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Makes sense - except 2 DR's open for Breakfast and Lunch.  That's new on me.

I don’t have previous patters to check. Last two days Concerto-has been Reserve Class for breakfast/lunch Allegro for others. 

7 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I don’t have previous patters to check. Last two days Concerto-has been Reserve Class for breakfast/lunch Allegro for others. 

Interesting again as I have yet to see Reserve take up an entire DR.  And perhaps it doesn't where you are now.  Of course we know both DR's are serviced from the same galley in between the two, so I guess if they just divide up the staff, they can use parts of both DR's - or all as needed.  Is there regular seating as well as Reserve in Concerto for dinner?  

31 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Interesting again as I have yet to see Reserve take up an entire DR.  And perhaps it doesn't where you are now.  Of course we know both DR's are serviced from the same galley in between the two, so I guess if they just divide up the staff, they can use parts of both DR's - or all as needed.  Is there regular seating as well as Reserve in Concerto for dinner?  

By moving non reserve diners to a different dining room for breakfast and lunch it keeps those who don’t want to wait for tables from trying to force their way into reserve. And only the reserve area is used 

9 minutes ago, memoak said:

By moving non reserve diners to a different dining room for breakfast and lunch it keeps those who don’t want to wait for tables from trying to force their way into reserve. And only the reserve area is used 

Is this a problem?  Regular guests trying to worm their way into Reserve (Club) Class dining?  If so, I would imagine a worse problem at dinner.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Is this a problem?  Regular guests trying to worm their way into Reserve (Club) Class dining?  If so, I would imagine a worse problem at dinner.

I have seen it at every meal. Some just walking in and trying to sit down. Others want to argue that since there are open tables they should be entitled to them