Boarding Process and Rockstar 'Sweet Aft Suite' Tour - Biggest Balcony

luv2cruzuk

There's a full ship tour video and short look at the food video coming in a day or so, so please subscribe and help get the channel going!!

As for Virgin and the Scarlet Lady, I was quite nervous about this trip..... but the moment I stepped onboard, omg I loved it!!!

See you up on deck! David

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

What, no Tub? 😉

lol no Tub! Fab shower though! They could have made that room even better by having a hot tub on the balcony! There was certainly room for it.... I guess the hot tubs are for the Mega Rockstars!

Wow - great video thanks!

We are in a Brilliant Suite - how does the "Rock Star Suite" room bar work and how do we choose what we want and let them know? Also what mixers do they make available? - I love a Black Label and Ginger Ale (not ginger beer!) and SWMBO is a Bacardi and Coke girl!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, briguy1314 said:

I really enjoyed your video and can’t wait to see the others. After 4 moves we are finally on an April sailing in a cheeky corner suite. 

We've got a Cheeky Corner in March. Excited!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Quacks the Cruiser said:

Wow - great video thanks!

We are in a Brilliant Suite - how does the "Rock Star Suite" room bar work and how do we choose what we want and let them know? Also what mixers do they make available? - I love a Black Label and Ginger Ale (not ginger beer!) and SWMBO is a Bacardi and Coke girl!

You will be contacted by one of the Rockstar agents near to your sailing date. You can choose from one of the following packages:

Rose on Us

Bertani Bertarose Italian Rose

Chateau Minuty French Rose

Cune Spanish Rose

Decoy American Rose

Bubbles On Us

Moet Imperial Champagne

Villa Sandi Prosecco

Honey Bubbles Moscato D'Asti

Moet Chandon Brut Sparkling

Mixed Wine On Us

Moet Imperial Champagne

Decoy American Rose

Caymus Conundrum White Blend

Chalk Hill Pino Noir

Spirits and Mixers On Us

Belvedere Vodka

Hendricks Gin

Bacardi Superior Rum

Buffalo Trace Bourbon

Casa Noble Reposado Tequila

Johnnie Walker Black Label Scotch

London Essence Ginger Beer

London Essence Classic Tonic

Red Bull

Sugar Free Red Bull

Non-Alcoholic Selection On Us

Yaya Original Kombucha

Yaya Ginger Kombucha

Red Bull

Sugar Free Red Bull

Heineken

We went for 'Bubbles on Us' which gave us 4x full size bottles of Fiz, including Moet!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, briguy1314 said:

I really enjoyed your video and can’t wait to see the others. After 4 moves we are finally on an April sailing in a cheeky corner suite. 

Thanks for watching! You will love the Scarlet Lady I'm sure. We loved it so much we have booked Valiant Lady in March and Scarlet again next September!! We had so much fun.

David

PS. I have a ship tour video coming later today!! 

21 hours ago, ChipLondon said:

The Suites on Scarlet Lady are awesome, check out our Mega Rock Star Suite, certainly the biggest we have had on any ship. Plus the assistance of our Roadie made it a very special cruise.

2A5DA0EC-F379-44C5-8AC0-C3FDD0FFB61B.jpeg

BE86C171-06EE-41AB-9139-F0BA39BEFBC6.jpeg

AC822940-A615-4433-9483-67FBEFF28FC7.jpeg

88F8B2C0-88EB-46D1-8B8F-ADD12659C252.jpeg

71E486E2-1645-4005-8757-378D0F10E2D1.jpeg

E0C28997-3AEF-42E9-AD20-223143A0C772.jpeg

0DB23807-B391-4563-B740-09C4BFB7A004.jpeg

661CAACE-E1AD-4E87-8BBD-9E645297EDDA.jpeg

B59658D5-47CD-4530-BB25-41CBC875D0FF.jpeg

73BE71FC-97C4-4B92-978F-19331A6E455E.jpeg

LOVE IT!!!! But way out of my price range! 

Cheers,

David

@ChipLondon   Great suite.  We have for TA on resilient lady 

- was a full bar included

- how was ur Rockstar agent

- being forward - was there enough wind shields to make balcony usable when traveling - did u feel u could entertain friends in ur suite

eith the use of minibar of room service 

- can u order cocktails to ur suite

- did u utilize the private transfers

- how as the checking process

sorry for all questions - but glad to see some real pics   

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 10:17 PM, marcoigna said:

- being forward - was there enough wind shields to make balcony usable when traveling - did u feel u could entertain friends in ur suite

sorry for all questions - but glad to see some real pics   

I'd love to hear this stuff too.  We have a massive suite booked but it's really kind of vague how rockstar we are gonna be...

On 8/11/2021 at 10:58 AM, luv2cruzuk said:

I guess the hot tubs are for the Mega Rockstars!

Only the two Massive Suites had private hot-tub. Other Mega Rockstars had two hot tubs in Richard's Rooftop and a couple two-person sized hot tubs in the spa.

On 8/18/2021 at 4:17 AM, marcoigna said:

The Mega-Rockstar Gorgeous Suite came with about a dozen different bottles as pictured below. The fridge was also filled with a selection of beer and soft drinks. The room also had all the cocktail making equipment (two drawers of it), and we were told we could have whatever drinks was required to make our desired cocktails. There was an in-app Room Service, with no delivery charges applied for Rockstars, and that menu listed a few cocktails on it. 

image.thumb.png.6479f41652a72824f95b23cae9a1ea0c.png

Our Rockstar agent Eugine was brill, every request we sent his way was fulfilled. Even a niche request that he probably never expected to have, and will probably never get again (unless he's our Rockstar agent next time, that is)

Balcony, the only issue was when the wind picked up, the hammock would strike the edge of the balcony making a clunk noise every time it did so, and we couldn't see a way of securing it. You can feel a little of the wind from the deck-chairs, but we didn't have a problem with it. 

We didn't utilise the transfers as there was a limit of 50 miles, as as we were coming from more than 50 miles away, we decided to drive all the way instead. It would have been nice if Virgin gave you free parking at the port as an alternative to the private transfer, parking was only £25 after all and it would have been a nice gesture, but no indication of that. Maybe if we asked...

Check-in: For the Covid-19, when we arrived in Portsmouth P+R, we got an any-time pass (12.00pm to 5.30pm) so we went straight across to stage 2. There was no suggestion of a seperate queue for Rock-stars, so that was in same queue as others. When arriving at the terminal, contrary to what was suggested, we had to join the same queue as other sailors. There was what looked like a possible by-pass lane if they moved all the posters away, but that wasn't to be. There wasn't anything like lanyards or different looking bracelets to visually distinguish you as a Rockstar or MegaRockstar, it was only when they scanned your bracelet did the crew know you were rockstars, so it would be hard for shore-side crew to direct you to private check-in areas prior to scanning you in (if there was any, that is!)

• Like 1