If I Cancel, Can the FCC be Applied to an EXISTING Booking?

LEMJMcC

I'm hoping that the nonsense around masks aboard for ANYONE is long past by the time we cruise in December.  However, if RCCL insists on mask usage we will likely cancel it.  We made this resevation back in February, 2021, so we meet the conditions for the Cruise With Confidence program.  However, I am wondering if we will be able to apply the FCC from the December booking to another booking we made back in April for a cruise in July, 2022, should we end up cancelling the December '21 cruise.

Anyone have a similar scenario occur?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

However, I am wondering if we will be able to apply the FCC from the December booking to another booking we made back in April for a cruise in July, 2022

CWC FCCs have an apply date of 4/30/22 - so you could apply an FCC right around final payment time for your July cruise.

Edited by Biker19

39 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

I'm hoping that the nonsense around masks aboard for ANYONE is long past by the time we cruise in December.  However, if RCCL insists on mask usage we will likely cancel it.  We made this resevation back in February, 2021, so we meet the conditions for the Cruise With Confidence program.  However, I am wondering if we will be able to apply the FCC from the December booking to another booking we made back in April for a cruise in July, 2022, should we end up cancelling the December '21 cruise.

Thanks!

We have applied at least six Covid-related FCCs from the March--May 2020 shutdown to existing 2021 and 2022 bookings. Frankly we lost track of how many there were because once RCL instituted the L&S option for cancelled cruises we started L&S'ing every cancelled cruise to a new date (and even re-applied some FCC's to those cruises that we had previously applied on earlier cruises that were ultimately caught in the new cancellation cycles). 

BTW, for the last round of RCL cancellations, we received refunds for any applied FCCs.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LEMJMcC said:

Thanks!

Not a problem.  They will reissue the FCC and you can apply to your next sailing. 

Pretty sure this has been answered before, but has anyone applied a "not yet issued" 125% FCC from a cancelled sailing to a new (as in not yet booked) booking?  Especially one that is booked within the final payment timeframe.

Also, if you have an existing booking, can you apply an FCC to cover the final payment and the deposit and have the deposit refunded?

7 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Pretty sure this has been answered before, but has anyone applied a "not yet issued" 125% FCC from a cancelled sailing to a new (as in not yet booked) booking?  Especially one that is booked within the final payment timeframe.

Also, if you have an existing booking, can you apply an FCC to cover the final payment and the deposit and have the deposit refunded?

Question #1:  I have read on other threads that your TA (or RCCL if you booked direct) can hold up final payment in order to apply an FCC.

Question #2:  If I understand correctly, you cannot "double pay" your deposit, or overpay the cruise price, but you can ask if the FCC could prepay the tips.

However, you can also ask that the current booking be transferred to a new one, but it's just 100% of what you paid.  I did this about 3 days ago, and many times before, too.  No waiting:  it all gets transferred over in one phone call.

Edited by pcur
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2021 at 1:06 PM, JsMom2 said:

Not a problem.  They will reissue the FCC and you can apply to your next sailing. 

Just so I understand correctly about CWC and FCC -   I have a Feb, 2022 cruise that I booked with FCC.  If I decide to cancel that cruise prior to the 48 hour deadline, I will be issued FCC in the full amount for a future cruise, including my original FCC deposit?

4 minutes ago, kleibo said:

Just so I understand correctly about CWC and FCC -   I have a Feb, 2022 cruise that I booked with FCC.  If I decide to cancel that cruise prior to the 48 hour deadline, I will be issued FCC in the full amount for a future cruise, including my original FCC deposit?

And hopefully have until Feb. 2023 to use it....

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 2:59 PM, Another_Critic said:

Any deposit money will not be refunded.  FCC can only cover remaining balances.

You can however add pre paid gratuities, insurance, transfers to your reservation and the money you paid for the deposit would actually cover those charges plus the port fees and taxes freeing up more of the cruise fare to apply the FCC to.

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2021 at 8:31 AM, LEMJMcC said:

Thanks!

I just used fcc from March 2020 on a sailing April 2022

On 8/12/2021 at 12:14 PM, kleibo said:

Yes.  If you cancel outside of final payment, then you would get a refund of all refundable deposits, and new FCC for the amount of FCC applied.  If you are in the penalty period you can get everything back but it will all be in the form of an FCC. 

• Like 1