Cabin change and loss of perk.

ashtree

@ashtree

Did you actually get a perk because of the actual cabin you took?   Or was it a perk due to the fare you booked?

Loss of perks normally occurs when to cancel/rebook.   If the cabin change does not have a fare change I don't see any reason to lose a perk.

I was booked in a balcony cabin but I saw a couple of weeks ago a club balcony would only be 70€ more, which was better for our needs as our daughter is travelling with us. I got on to my cct and he made the change for me. When I got my confirmation my onboard credit was gone . When I asked him about it he said I lose the perks I had and cc was not on this one. He also apologised for not telling me this at the time. I just feel a little done over. This will be about our 13th cruise with NCL and it just leaves a bad taste. Sorry for the rant.

Before final payment, a category change would probably change your "free at sea" perks if they are different than what you had.  Cabin perks stay with the cabin.

If you upgrade after final payment due date, you keep whatever "free at sea" perks are on the reservation.

Note: you might be able to smooze your way to keeping any lost perks...

I wasn’t aware I was making a booking change, just a cabin change, if you book a hotel room you can upgrade, a cruise ship is a floating hotel. I wasn’t told it was a booking change or about losing the obc. So it actually cost me more than the 70€ that was quoted. If I had been told I would have waited for the upgrade offer after payment.

17 minutes ago, ashtree said:

I wasn’t aware I was making a booking change, just a cabin change, if you book a hotel room you can upgrade, a cruise ship is a floating hotel. I wasn’t told it was a booking change or about losing the obc. So it actually cost me more than the 70€ that was quoted. If I had been told I would have waited for the upgrade offer after payment.

You didn't lose your on board credit because you made the change before final payment, when your room was upgraded your cct had to use the current promotions that NCL was offering. They should have let you know that at the time. 

21 minutes ago, ashtree said:

The same thing happened to me but I was forewarned by my TA. I was moving from a balcony to.a much more costly Haven suite, but I still lost my OBC.

you may have lost your onboard credit, but i would think the perks associated with the haven cabins would more than make up for it. unless it was some huge ungodly sum of an on board credit, i would be more than happy to forego this for a haven suite

2 hours ago, complawyer said:

you may have lost your onboard credit, but i would think the perks associated with the haven cabins would more than make up for it. unless it was some huge ungodly sum of an on board credit, i would be more than happy to forego this for a haven suite

The point I was trying to make is that even though I paid substantially more for the Haven cabin I was still not allowed to keep my previous OBC perk. Yes the Haven has more perks, but you pay handsomely for them.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

The point I was trying to make is that even though I paid substantially more for the Haven cabin I was still not allowed to keep my previous OBC perk. Yes the Haven has more perks, but you pay handsomely for them.

The biggest difference between you and the OP is you were made aware of the lost obc, and were able to make an informed decision.  The OP was not.  Their TA or PCC should have made them aware.   

Now the question the OP should be asking is,  would they have still made the change with the correct information.  If yes, it is just a lesson learned to always get  verification that anything you believe you are getting is actually in place.  If no, than they need to see if the balcony cabin promo is still available to just reverse, or speak to a supervisor to see what can be done.   However it is resolved though, let it go before you get on the ship.   In the end have a great trip. 

• Like 2

2 different situations: 

1 -  you want to go from balcony to a different category like club balcony they will cancel and rebook your reservation.  You lose any previous perks and gain any perks available at present.

2. you want to change your cabin number within the same category. Balcony BA to another BA.  They will just change your current reservation to reflect new cabin and all your perks will remain the same.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3