Great news for UK cruises

MX-Drew

Hi MX, I'm also on this sailing,  have you had your link to book your eurofins pcr test?

I only booked the cruise five days ago but haven't had the link yet.  My agent tells me it's sent out 14 days before cruise date. 

18 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Hi MX, I'm also on this sailing,  have you had your link to book your eurofins pcr test?

I only booked the cruise five days ago but haven't had the link yet.  My agent tells me it's sent out 14 days before cruise date. 

Yes I have had the link, may be worth either getting your TA to chase Celebrity or giving them a ring, top tip, press for "New booking" to try to get through quicker.

Don't plan on getting it done in Southampton as they are fully booked.

See you on board.

48 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Yes I have had the link, may be worth either getting your TA to chase Celebrity or giving them a ring, top tip, press for "New booking" to try to get through quicker.

Don't plan on getting it done in Southampton as they are fully booked.

See you on board.

Thanks for the tip, I did try the 0344 customer service number but hung up after an hour holding on. My travel agent will only send emails, not much use. 

Tried eurofins but they say it can only be booked thru the link that celebrity send. Frustrating,  I'll try the new bookings number. 

I can't be the only one who booked last minute. 🤷‍♀️

Worse case I'll have to book and pay with another provider,  my only niggle with that is if the result is late it will be on me, as not the approved provider. 

11 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thanks for the tip, I did try the 0344 customer service number but hung up after an hour holding on. My travel agent will only send emails, not much use. 

Tried eurofins but they say it can only be booked thru the link that celebrity send. Frustrating,  I'll try the new bookings number. 

I can't be the only one who booked last minute. 🤷‍♀️

Worse case I'll have to book and pay with another provider,  my only niggle with that is if the result is late it will be on me, as not the approved provider. 

Be careful you don’t ring the 12p a minute number. Sorry I don’t have the number to hand.

Got it for our October cruise. Hopefully by then we won’t have to wear masks inside when on board. I don’t mind wearing a mask generally, and have continued to do so.  But when I am dressed up for the evening I want to wear lipstick and a mask plays havoc with it!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Merly said:

Got it for our October cruise. Hopefully by then we won’t have to wear masks inside when on board. I don’t mind wearing a mask generally, and have continued to do so.  But when I am dressed up for the evening I want to wear lipstick and a mask plays havoc with it!

Can I ask which October cruise as I have not seen anything yet for ours?

58 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Be careful you don’t ring the 12p a minute number. Sorry I don’t have the number to hand.

Eurofins kindly gave us an 0800 number for Celebrity which worked!! Pressed the new booking button and spoke to a lovely Australian lady who sorted it whilst on the phone and now all booked into eurofins LHR site which is fairly close to us for 25th. I feel a lot better now and hope to see you on board.

13 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Eurofins kindly gave us an 0800 number for Celebrity which worked!! Pressed the new booking button and spoke to a lovely Australian lady who sorted it whilst on the phone and now all booked into eurofins LHR site which is fairly close to us for 25th. I feel a lot better now and hope to see you on board.

Glad it's all sorted.

• Thanks 1

Just now, GerScot said:

We are on previous cruise 8th October Spain and Portugal, not had anything yet.

Have you completed checkin?  I did wonder if it was triggered by that as I did it last night. 

58 minutes ago, Merly said:

Silhouette 18th October.  Canary Islands, Portugal. 

Hey Merly

We are on the 27Sep2021 cruise - Canaries, Spain & Portugal. We have not received anything for PCR testing for this cruise. I completed our check-in on 31Jul2021, but not had anything through!

For the UK Staycation cruise on 23Jul2021, we received our information for booking the Eurofins PCR on 06Jul2021, about 2 weeks before the cruise. Expecting the same for this.

Seems odd that you have your PCR test info so far in advance of the cruise!

58 minutes ago, GerScot said:

Yes all done a week ago, just the health bit to do.

Health questionnaire on the Celebrity app can only be completed 24 hours prior to booked embarkation time. Also a good idea to complete the muster information pre-boarding. Then when on board go first to your stateroom (cabin), collect your Seapass and go to your muster station. They scan your card and you receive a coloured sticker to show you completed muster. So quick, simple, easy and painless.

I am envious of all you UK people as we were booked on Silhouette Aug 26 - Sept 18 (B2B) and they cancelled our cruises to sail in the UK only.  Enjoy everyone.  Silhouette is a lovely ship.  Have a meal in the Lawn Club Grill for me!  I'm so happy you will be free to enjoy the ports on your own.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tipsy252 said:

Hey Merly

We are on the 27Sep2021 cruise - Canaries, Spain & Portugal. We have not received anything for PCR testing for this cruise. I completed our check-in on 31Jul2021, but not had anything through!

For the UK Staycation cruise on 23Jul2021, we received our information for booking the Eurofins PCR on 06Jul2021, about 2 weeks before the cruise. Expecting the same for this.

Seems odd that you have your PCR test info so far in advance of the cruise!

No, we have not had the e mail for the PCR test.  This was an e mail updating us on processes, boarding, mask wearing, going ashore etc.  It said that we would get the e mail re testing about 3 weeks before our cruise. 

On 8/13/2021 at 11:27 AM, MX-Drew said:

I'm on Silhouette on the 28th August and I have just received an email to say if you are completely vaccinated you can go ashore on your own.

Happy days.😀

Does anyone know if this includes Northern Ireland . I want to book the Titanic museum in Belfast 

17 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Does anyone know if this includes Northern Ireland . I want to book the Titanic museum in Belfast 

Yes we are on 4th Sept sailing and received email saying we can do our own thing. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

I want to do the Titanic museum as well but was not sure about how to get there from where the ship docks. Any tips?

7 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

I want to do the Titanic museum as well but was not sure about how to get there from where the ship docks. Any tips?

Just checking Google maps, it seems to be about 10 min taxi ride from where the ships Dock. Checking the museum site it looks like the early morning slots are booking up.  

There's a bit of information on the 'British Ports' section on this CC site

38 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Just checking Google maps, it seems to be about 10 min taxi ride from where the ships Dock. Checking the museum site it looks like the early morning slots are booking up.  

There's a bit of information on the 'British Ports' section on this CC site

I too looked at Google Maps and where the ship docks is a little remote. I read on another site that there are free busses every 15 mins to the town centre. I may stick with the ship tour of the museum. Especially as I will visit Belfast twice and the tour is paid for with free OBC (Celebrity allow you to spend OBC before boarding.)

• Like 1