Chances of moving large group to YTD???

mrak

Hi,

we have a group of about 20 people going on the Mardi Gras later this year and everyone booked late dining. Right now, YTD is on a waitlist. What are the chances of everyone getting it if we were to get on the waitlist? Any idea how many get cleared from the waitlist on a given cruise? hanks!

The odds decrease the longer you wait. With any group of size people are going to want to eat at different times and some might prefer late seating.

You might as well join the waiting list - if everyone who wants it doesn't make it, your odds of moving back to late seating are high, since it is the least popular.

With so many dining options on Mardi Gras, I have a feeling your group is going to scatter anyway.

With a group of that size, perhaps next time book as a group and get some benefits.

The concern is, if some of the group ends up with YTD, they wouldnt really have the option to join the set dining time people, at least in the MDR. But I agree, I feel pretty confident that we can always go back to late seating if we end up getting YTD. 

14 minutes ago, mrak said:

The concern is, if some of the group ends up with YTD, they wouldnt really have the option to join the set dining time people, at least in the MDR. But I agree, I feel pretty confident that we can always go back to late seating if we end up getting YTD. 

Keep switching and you might just switch some of your group and not the others with no way to get back together.

30 minutes ago, mrak said:

YTD doesn't mean you can sit with Assigned dining people, or to switch back and forth. IF some clear the waiting list before the cruise, others could try to switch as soon as they get on the ship.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

YTD doesn't mean you can sit with Assigned dining people, or to switch back and forth. IF some clear the waiting list before the cruise, others could try to switch as soon as they get on the ship.

I know, that is the concern. I don't think we want some to have it and others to not have it. We will have to give it some thought. Thanks 

12 minutes ago, mrak said:

I know, that is the concern. I don't think we want some to have it and others to not have it. We will have to give it some thought. Thanks 

Another suggestion, but it might be a long shot with 20 people. After boarding go to the MDR see the matri de and try to switch your party. With the large amount of people to eat at one time you will need 2 maybe 3 tables for the YTD. This might cause a delay being seated.

38 minutes ago, skrufy said:

Another suggestion, but it might be a long shot with 20 people. After boarding go to the MDR see the matri de and try to switch your party. With the large amount of people to eat at one time you will need 2 maybe 3 tables for the YTD. This might cause a delay being seated.

Thats what we did - daughters family booked later that we did and couldnt get anything but late time - went to MDR once  we boarded to see if she could get switched to the early with the rest of us. They put her at the table right next to us

Your chance is probably pretty good.  We are booked for the Vista at Christmas.  11 of us who all have YTD.  We are all fully vaccinated but 3 of us have the mixed dose that Carnival/CDC don't allow.  As of next month we are about to cancel.  I am sure that many people cancel for all sorts of covid/vaccine related issues.   I would get on the waiting list.