Way to check OBC balance? (On ship now)

JohnMI

So, without going to Guest Services (I've been in the Virtual Waiting queue for QUITE a while now and I'd rather go swimming...), is there a way to check your OBC balance somewhere?  Seems like it would be great to have it in the HUB App or in my account somewhere, but I can't find anywhere to check my current balance.  Does this show up anywhere to check?  (Note that it is NOT listed on my documents -- my PVP said that this was normal for the $100 "didn't cancel the cruise due to Covid" credit -- and for the $50 extra credit that we're supposed to get for being booked in a wedding party.)  So, basically, I should have $150 -- and I'd just like to confirm that somewhere without waiting 2 hours for Guest Services...

Thanks!

John, it's my understanding that you CAN find your OBC balance while on the ship, via the HUB app. Another way to check your OBC balance is to find it on your cabin TV. It's quite handy and I use it 2 or 3 times per day, to check myself & budget accordingly.  

There were a couple of red kiosk machines. One was across from the shops, the shop that sold booze, and one not to far from guest services toward the dining room last time I cruised. Make a account, can print out stmt or just check. Easy. Look for a red free standing machine.

Ok, so, that's my problem then -- as expected, Carnival did not apply either of the OBCs.  My Account Summary page shows only a $3.52 credit due to some small refund for port expenses (probably because we were originally supposed to go to Bimini, I think, and that was removed from our itinerary a while back).

So, my real issue is that Carnival didn't apply my credits -- which is what I was afraid of (and made another post about previously where "it'll just show up when you get there" was how it ended.  😞  It did not show up -- so I'll continue waiting in the queue for Guest Services, I guess...

Edited by JohnMI

You can go to the machine near the pursers desk to print out your PDF invoice, or ask the purser to print it, or check on you tv, or use the hub app.....or wait until the cruise is over and they send you an email with a copy....

That' why I always try to print out all my documentation for everything purchased or received in my booking and take hard paper copies with me, just in case.  Usually everything is correct however for that one time something isn't right, it's nice to have that documentation to show them once you get through that guest services line.  Even once at guest services onboard, it took us like 3 days to get a spa pass pre-purchased to get straightened out, lol.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2021 at 12:02 PM, JohnMI said:

So, without going to Guest Services (I've been in the Virtual Waiting queue for QUITE a while now and I'd rather go swimming...), is there a way to check your OBC balance somewhere?  Seems like it would be great to have it in the HUB App or in my account somewhere, but I can't find anywhere to check my current balance.  Does this show up anywhere to check?  (Note that it is NOT listed on my documents -- my PVP said that this was normal for the $100 "didn't cancel the cruise due to Covid" credit -- and for the $50 extra credit that we're supposed to get for being booked in a wedding party.)  So, basically, I should have $150 -- and I'd just like to confirm that somewhere without waiting 2 hours for Guest Services...

Thanks!

It's all in the HUB, top left 3 lines click and one of the options is my account will show every thing from what you spent to OBC. 

21 hours ago, dbrucern said:

It's all in the HUB, top left 3 lines click and one of the options is my account will show every thing from what you spent to OBC. 

Did you read the rest of the thread above?  As I explained, we figured that out and there was nothing listed there for me because Carnival screwed it up and did not apply any of my OBC.  I then waited in a Virtual Queue for 30+ hours to get a chance to talk to someone -- which also never worked.

I then used the email instead to contact them while on the ship -- and got a reply email 5 days later -- after leaving the ship, of course -- saying to go to the ship's desk or use the virtual queue.  Nice work, Carnival!  🙂