Celebrity air is $100 less than booking with United directly. What's the catch?

fstuff1

They were having some sort of $100 off sale thru the end of August I believe. I had literally booked tickets for my wife and MIL to fly to Seattle and then for giggles, checked Cruise Air....Yep, both tickets were $100 cheaper. Luckily with the airlines, you can cancel for refund within 24 hours so I did and we booked thru Celebrity.

On 8/15/2021 at 11:29 AM, Momma Rene said:

They are flying us on American Airlines.  I was hoping once I paid for the airline ticket, I could upgrade to a better seat.  Does the fare of basic economy allow me to upgrade by paying the difference to American Airlines?

Just log into your AA account and link this ticket. Once done, you can select any available seat (some may cost extra!).

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

Just log into your AA account and link this ticket. Once done, you can select any available seat (some may cost extra!).

I have a booking through Flights By Celebrity on AA for March (not paid for).   I was able to log onto AA and input the reservation number and select seats.  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gatordad1967 said:

will never fly united again.

Why?  I use their credit card and in a year or two I have enough points for a business class ticket to South America.  I'm waiting until 2023 to use it.

But.... I used Delta for a few flights and that is now my preference.

16 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Why?  I use their credit card and in a year or two I have enough points for a business class ticket to South America.  I'm waiting until 2023 to use it.

But.... I used Delta for a few flights and that is now my preference.

Paid $400 to fly from columbus ohio to philly for an event.  flight out of columbus was delayed 4 hours for mechanical issues.  They put me on American to Chicago for hope of a later arrival, but alas more mechanical issues in Chicago.  Was fortunate to get off the plane, and get sent back to Columbus.  would have arrived at PHL at about 10pm, only 10 hours late.  Not even a pizza bagel or soda offered to me as inconvenience.

Delta is a great airline

11 minutes ago, Gatordad1967 said:

Paid $400 to fly from columbus ohio to philly for an event.  flight out of columbus was delayed 4 hours for mechanical issues.  They put me on American to Chicago for hope of a later arrival, but alas more mechanical issues in Chicago.  Was fortunate to get off the plane, and get sent back to Columbus.  would have arrived at PHL at about 10pm, only 10 hours late.  Not even a pizza bagel or soda offered to me as inconvenience.

Delta is a great airline

Here's my worst United story.  This is about 5 years ago.  I think I was in Peru, it was definitely South America.  It might have been Argentina.  I go to the airport to check in and United can't find my business class reservation.  We go back and forth for maybe 20 minutes.  They insist I was there on the wrong day.  I said why is my husband here when he's on the same reservation?  Finally they fixed things and I got on the plane.  It worked out and I kept flying United.

• Thanks 1