Bid Upgrade Questions

DFMW

1)  Once a YC bid is accepted by MSC and the room assigned, can we select a different room number or do we have to keep the assigned room?

2)  Has anyone received an offer to bid for a Duplex Suite?

You might want to check on the couple other bid threads out here.  I have not heard of being allowed to change but that doesn't mean it isn't possible.  My guess would be no based that MSC uses the same company as NCL.  NCL board had over a hundred page fact gathering thread and I don't recall that being mentioned. MSC is new to bidding so not a lot of facts here.

So far I have not seen any duplex bids.

Also, from our recent offer the min. was right about the same as it was at time of booking and you'd have room choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

You might want to check on the couple other bid threads out here.  I have not heard of being allowed to change but that doesn't mean it isn't possible.  My guess would be no based that MSC uses the same company as NCL.  NCL board had over a hundred page fact gathering thread and I don't recall that being mentioned. MSC is new to bidding so not a lot of facts here.

So far I have not seen any duplex bids.

Also, from our recent offer the min. was right about the same as it was at time of booking and you'd have room choice.

I have an offer to bid on the duplex suite for 10/23 sailing. $2080 min per person up to $2910

I am only bidding on a Deluxe YC from inside YC and bidding only min as I think my chances are poor because I am booked under the real cheap rate when they first opened the bookings up.

Steve

• Like 1

Just to jump on if I may…do you always get a response to bids? I sail on Saturday 21st August and have bids on both YC Deluxe Suite and YC Duplex Suite. Both bids still say pending. I thought I might have heard either way by now?

15 minutes ago, Macca81 said:

Just to jump on if I may…do you always get a response to bids? I sail on Saturday 21st August and have bids on both YC Deluxe Suite and YC Duplex Suite. Both bids still say pending. I thought I might have heard either way by now?

You will not always get a response 😞

However, if you do a mock booking and see how many cabins are open you can get a good idea of whether or not you'll get it...

1 minute ago, alyssamma said:

You will not always get a response 😞

However, if you do a mock booking and see how many cabins are open you can get a good idea of whether or not you'll get it...

Thank you. There hadn’t been any availability for either of those suites on our cruise until mid-week when 4 out of 6 duplex suites were available to book and then disappeared again. Guess I’m just not sure how it works with the 50% capacity rule at the moment and how they allocate that to cabin types. Oh well, guess I will find out at Southampton on Saturday!

2 hours ago, Macca81 said:

Thank you. There hadn’t been any availability for either of those suites on our cruise until mid-week when 4 out of 6 duplex suites were available to book and then disappeared again. Guess I’m just not sure how it works with the 50% capacity rule at the moment and how they allocate that to cabin types. Oh well, guess I will find out at Southampton on Saturday!

I think usually you hear on the Thursday before the Saturday. Having said that, we bidded on a YC inside and heard in the PM of Friday and boarded the next morning! Also, Virtuosa so- good luck-hope you get it!

• Like 1