Harmony of the Seas

We are boarding the Harmony from Rome (first time cruising :D)  the 16th of september. But because we are boarding from Rome, we dont seem to be able to use the Royal Caribbean app 😞 

I did read some comments in this thread about activities on board that are not available, for example the musicals. I think it's strange that they dont communicate this to the passengers, it's quite a big miss if both the Musicals and the aqua theater are not available. But I am also missing some other acitivities if I look in the app, are they never available in the app, or is that also cancelled?

- Aqua theater
- Ice skating show
- Lasergame
- Free surfing (I can only see the private Wave and lessons)? 

Does anyone have a Daily Compass that he is willing to share, would love to see all the acitivities still available on Harmony. 

Guest BigRoger

Have a great time all of you sailing in September and early October…. Remember regardless of Covid you are sailing on the greatest class of cruise ships in the world….. we are hanging on to the transatlantic but maybe creating a back up plan…… it’s Jewel or harmony…..

3 hours ago, dorts said:

Hi all, due to board Harmony Sunday and have been living it up since Wednesday here in sunny beautiful Sitges! Everyone is sticking to the rules and honestly with the weather so nice we are outside mostly so masks etc haven't been a real issue. Lots of tourists here also from around the world from what I hear and everyone just loving the sunny beach vibes. I am super excited for Sunday and will accept the changes that come with travel at this time. This will be my fourth attempt at getting on a cruise and although less passengers I am looking forward to being spoilt by the crew and just getting back to cruising...

Hi @dorts

Could you let us know if possible, what price the deluxe drinks package is to buy on board?

At the moment, the sale price is €816.96 for 2 people online, but not sure if there are any better prices available on board?

Usually we’ve found that on board prices are dearer … but these are not usual times!

appreciate if you could let me know !

Have a lovely cruise!!

Guest BigRoger
21 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

They are giving away cruises on Harmony for Sept. It must be totally empty because ive never seen a week for £4xx 

Looks like nightmare plague ship restrictions are great for sales lol. 

Unless some common sense returns to the world Cruise lines are going bust at this rate. 

Ahoy there matey…. I was with you on the first line and thought we had entered the positive zone…. Then I read the rest! Am sure we can meet up one day and I’ll buy you a tipple of your choice! Keep smiling!

3 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Ahoy there matey…. I was with you on the first line and thought we had entered the positive zone…. Then I read the rest! Am sure we can meet up one day and I’ll buy you a tipple of your choice! Keep smiling!

Ill be positive when they drop the silly restrictions that dont work. I can live with a test and vaccine but the other stuff does nothing. 

They have 12 months until i sail again On Anthem so there is time but im not getting hopes up..

29 minutes ago, Sianli said:

So does the new 48 hr negative covid test requirement apply to HOS out of Barcelona? I know we test when boarding and we won't be in the USA to test in Friday.

My guess is that it would depend on whether the Spanish and/or Italian authorities mandated it. The CDC has no jurisdiction in Europe and if I've understood the news correctly this move is in response to a CDC recommendation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sianli said:

So does the new 48 hr negative covid test requirement apply to HOS out of Barcelona? I know we test when boarding and we won't be in the USA to test in Friday.

No.  Read this website for Barcelona.  They will provide you a test upon embarkation.  No need for the 48 hour neg test.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

Currently on HM. The protocol for Covid is convincing here onboard and it works. Spanish and Italian guests a bit too relaxed w/r to social distancing and mask wearing. But generally its working. 

Currently sailing at 10% capacity but they may do so up to 30% according to Spanish rules for HM.

So we booked another 2 weeks at next cruise office for October at insane low prices- balcony 558€pp/pweek, Civitaveccia departure.

Crew is extreme friendly ; this ship is well run

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Kbonner said:

Currently on HM. The protocol for Covid is convincing here onboard and it works. Spanish and Italian guests a bit too relaxed w/r to social distancing and mask wearing. But generally its working. 

Currently sailing at 10% capacity but they may do so up to 30% according to Spanish rules for HM.

So we booked another 2 weeks at next cruise office for October at insane low prices- balcony 558€pp/pweek, Civitaveccia departure.

We board next Sunday, can’t wait!

Guest BigRoger
7 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Yep we booked 2 weeks in October as a back up plan to the transatlantic not going on the 31st or is not being allowed into USA… pricing is nuts (and wonderful!)…..

Guest BigRoger
6 hours ago, CaroleC said:

We board next Sunday, can’t wait!

Have a fantastic time we’ll be really keen to know how everything works for you guys getting tested pre Spain, flights to Spain, testing pre boarding the ship and on board etc as we’ve booked now…. Back up plan for the TA on Harmony is…. Harmony…

55 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Have a fantastic time we’ll be really keen to know how everything works for you guys getting tested pre Spain, flights to Spain, testing pre boarding the ship and on board etc as we’ve booked now…. Back up plan for the TA on Harmony is…. Harmony…

Getting tested pre Spain?? Now you’ve worried me! As far as I’m aware, testing is not required for entry into Spain if fully vaccinated. Do you know something I don’t? 

21 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Getting tested pre Spain?? Now you’ve worried me! As far as I’m aware, testing is not required for entry into Spain if fully vaccinated. Do you know something I don’t? 

Flying from the U.S., Spain only requires Vac and health questionnaire.  Harmony will test you upon embarkation.

Guest BigRoger
18 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Same for arrivals from the UK, unless BigRoger knows something I don’t 😁

No! Just showing my ignorance of what to do and whether a test is needed to fly to Spain…. No idea whether it’s needed or not as our cruising this summer has so far only been intra UK! 

47 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

No! Just showing my ignorance of what to do and whether a test is needed to fly to Spain…. No idea whether it’s needed or not as our cruising this summer has so far only been intra UK! 

Phew, you had me worried there for a moment lol. There’s certainly a lot more hoops to jump through cruising from overseas rather than around the British Isles. I’m sure it will all be worth it in the end though when I’m relaxing on my sun lounger in the blazing sun with cocktail in hand 😉

11 hours ago, hatcheth said:

Last time we sailed out of Barcelona on the Oasis of the seas, they sold you duty free in the terminal before boarding the ship and they didn’t X-ray your hand luggage.  Is this still the case ?

I never ever didn´t have my had luggage X-rayed in Barcelona. Of course they are doing this. The shop is right after the security check. It´s not really a duty free. But you got water and some souvenir stuff there.

steamboats

2 hours ago, steamboats said:

I never ever didn´t have my had luggage X-rayed in Barcelona. Of course they are doing this. The shop is right after the security check. It´s not really a duty free. But you got water and some souvenir stuff there.

steamboats

They did sell booze, cigarettes and gifts along side water etc.

After you had passed security.

2 hours ago, steamboats said:

steamboats

Sorry, I should have said the hand luggage was  xrayed by the port authority and they didn’t care if you had alcohol in your hand luggage (we had the wine you are allowed to bring on board)

Sounds like the shop has been downgraded then.  They sold beer and spirits the last time we passed through! 

2 hours ago, hatcheth said:

Sounds like the shop has been downgraded then.  They sold beer and spirits the last time we passed through! 

Sorry, yes, they had alcoholic beverages too (last time I´ve been there). I didn´t want to indicate that they changed anything. I will be there in a less than two weeks again.

steamboats

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

Sorry, yes, they had alcoholic beverages too (last time I´ve been there). I didn´t want to indicate that they changed anything. I will be there in a less than two weeks again.

steamboats

Last time we sailed out of BCN was Nov 2019 (pre-covid).  We went thru port security (x-ray) with our carry on, then there were shops (duty free or not) that you could purchase just about anything you wanted to take on board, and the ship had no security when you boarded to check what you had.  I guess the question the person above is asking, "Is that still the case?"

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

Last time we sailed out of BCN was Nov 2019 (pre-covid).  We went thru port security (x-ray) with our carry on, then there were shops (duty free or not) that you could purchase just about anything you wanted to take on board, and the ship had no security when you boarded to check what you had.  I guess the question the person above is asking, "Is that still the case?"

That should be still the case. And I don´t see any problem with that. All goods are checked in the shop. People used the shop to bring their two bottles of wine onboard too.

steamboats