Italian ports now require shp tours ONLY again!

lambs2

5 minutes ago, JennJ99738 said:

I got the same email but NCL hasn't canceled the excursion (Pompeii On Your Own) in my account so I can't see what else is available.  I called the ShoreEx desk and the rep said that NCL "jumped the gun" on the email and the excursions won't be canceled until tomorrow.  I asked about Florence and he said nothing has been canceled in Florence yet.

I'm on the Getaway 9/23 sailing. 

Thank you for posting your experience!  That's more information than I was able to get.

10 hours ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

End of August based on their website, and they've been assuring UK passengers that they're not anticipating it to be extended - although I think that must be dependent on the Italian Gov't modifying the quarantine rule. 

The disclaimer was shown during the booking process  on the German MSC website for all MSC Virtuosa cruises in September - even the one leaving from Southampton via Lisbon, Barcelona to Genova. And it´s still shown clearly stating end of September.

Bürger mit Wohnsitz in Nicht-Schengen-Staaten (außer Rumänien, Bulgarien, Kroatien, USA und Zypern) dürfen derzeit aufgrund internationaler und nationaler Reisebeschränkungen für Kreuzfahrten bis Ende September 2021 nicht mit uns reisen. 

steamboats

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, emerald6273 said:

Italian Health Minister lifted restrictions for double vaccinated and negative Covid test UK visitors from 31 August 2021 

Screenshot_20210828-194626_Facebook.jpg

Strangely his Twitter feed says

"Ho firmato un’ordinanza di proroga delle misure restrittive per arrivi da altri Paesi. Si dispone il superamento della mini quarantena di 5 giorni per chi viene dal Regno Unito nel caso in cui sia stato completato il ciclo vaccinale e contemporaneamente si abbia un test negativo."

Which Google translate reads as

"I signed an order extending the restrictive measures for arrivals from other countries.  The 5-day mini-quarantine is required for those coming from the United Kingdom in the event that the vaccination cycle has been completed and at the same time there is a negative test."

48 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

Strangely his Twitter feed says

"Ho firmato un’ordinanza di proroga delle misure restrittive per arrivi da altri Paesi. Si dispone il superamento della mini quarantena di 5 giorni per chi viene dal Regno Unito nel caso in cui sia stato completato il ciclo vaccinale e contemporaneamente si abbia un test negativo."

Which Google translate reads as

"I signed an order extending the restrictive measures for arrivals from other countries.  The 5-day mini-quarantine is required for those coming from the United Kingdom in the event that the vaccination cycle has been completed and at the same time there is a negative test."

Here's a better translation from a translation site:

I signed an order extending restrictive measures for arrivals from other countries. It provides for the overcoming of the mini-quarantine of 5 days for those coming from the United Kingdom in the case in which the vaccination cycle has been completed and at the same time you have a negative test

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marktwothousand said:

Are there any tours that fall within, or close to, the $50 excursion credit for the Epic cruises?

Like bus rides to town and things like that. Thanks. 

Currently it looks like Highlights of Cagliari at $75, so your net would be $25. I had booked a Hop on Hop off tour at Palma that was actually free with the credit, but that has been removed. Not sure why though, as Palma is Spain and not Italy.

4 hours ago, zdcatc12 said:

Currently it looks like Highlights of Cagliari at $75, so your net would be $25. I had booked a Hop on Hop off tour at Palma that was actually free with the credit, but that has been removed. Not sure why though, as Palma is Spain and not Italy.

Might be related with the new arrival time. It seems the hoho starts at 11, so very short time available before all aboard?

Or just changing things, it could appear tomorrow.....

7 hours ago, elbarney said:

Might be related with the new arrival time. It seems the hoho starts at 11, so very short time available before all aboard?

Or just changing things, it could appear tomorrow.....

Yeah, that was the original time, but for a hoho, those are running continuously so I'm not sure why they couldn't just change the time.

4 hours ago, DanielNL said:

Still, my Rome on your own tour is still available and on my edocs for my Epic cruise in two weeks. I thought all excursions will be cancelled? Does have anybody else the same?

Kind of. It seems like all were cancelled as stated except for the Amalfi Coast one which they said would not get cancelled. My Cagliari was cancelled, but I could rebook it online even though they said that it had to be done on the ship. For Florence/Pisa, I had the on your own booked, that got cancelled, however it is showing up again as available, but for some reason, it will not let me book it. When I go to book it, it says that there is a conflict for passenger 1 with another event booked at the same time, even though there isn't. I could tell it was going to happen because in the box where you select times, etc. it said the cost for passenger 1 was $0, but passenger 2 was full price.

That is also happening when I try to make a new specialty reservation for the at sea day.

Edited by zdcatc12
Clarity

17 minutes ago, zdcatc12 said:

Yeah, that was the original time, but for a hoho, those are running continuously so I'm not sure why they couldn't just change the time.

No, I mean the hoho is not a ship exclusive, is an external company, and it starts at 11, it's very unlikely that they start at 7am just for the cruise.

The all aboard will be around 15:00-15:30, so you have a very short window to use it, so it might be the reason is no longer offered.

With the old arrival time, you had almost double usefull time.

If anyone knows anything new about what’s happening with tours, free roam, ports, etc for the epic, Please post here.

also, Italy’s regs say testing is required? Does that mean everyone on epic will be doing rapid tests a couple times on the cruise before getting off in Italy?

3 hours ago, elbarney said:

No, I mean the hoho is not a ship exclusive, is an external company, and it starts at 11, it's very unlikely that they start at 7am just for the cruise.

The all aboard will be around 15:00-15:30, so you have a very short window to use it, so it might be the reason is no longer offered.

With the old arrival time, you had almost double usefull time.

Ok, that makes sense. I didn't realize that they don't start running until then.

36 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Italy’s regs say testing is required? Does that mean everyone on epic will be doing rapid tests a couple times on the cruise before getting off in Italy?

When did Italy change? As of now, no testing is required.

2 minutes ago, zdcatc12 said:

Ok, that makes sense. I didn't realize that they don't start running until then.

When did Italy change? As of now, no testing is required.

Every piece of news or article I’ve read says the following:

Vaccinated travellers from the UK

Fully-vaccinated travellers arriving from the UK will therefore no longer have to undergo the 5-day quarantine upon arrival to Italy. However, they will still have to take a Covid-19 test and show proof of vaccination.

2 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

Fully-vaccinated travellers arriving from the UK will therefore no longer have to undergo the 5-day quarantine upon arrival to Italy. However, they will still have to take a Covid-19 test and show proof of vaccination.

Are you from the UK?  Regardless, most places are requiring a test 72 hours before getting on the ship. Once onboard I am not sure what the protocols will be as the situation is very fluid. And as of August 30th or 31st, it may not matter if the EU bans travelers from the US.

1 minute ago, debenson0723 said:

Are you from the UK?  Regardless, most places are requiring a test 72 hours before getting on the ship. Once onboard I am not sure what the protocols will be as the situation is very fluid. And as of August 30th or 31st, it may not matter if the EU bans travelers from the US.

Why Would EU do that?

Just now, marktwothousand said:

Why Would EU do that?

Because the US is a red zone, with not enough vaccinated citizens and too many cases.  It has been reported by Reuters and the NYTimes that the decision will be coming tomorrow and enforced immediately. And then I will cancel my 3rd Mediterranean Cruise this year.  Canadians are fine.

6 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Because the US is a red zone, with not enough vaccinated citizens and too many cases.  It has been reported by Reuters and the NYTimes that the decision will be coming tomorrow and enforced immediately. And then I will cancel my 3rd Mediterranean Cruise this year.  Canadians are fine.

I read that it will apply to unvaccinated Americans only 

20 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

I read that it will apply to unvaccinated Americans only 

I have read various reports that it could apply to vaccinated ones as well and also that some countries will not abide by the ban. That's why I am waiting for the official report in the next 2 days to see what it really means. But my final payment is due on September 4th and I will be on the Encore that day so would like to make a decision before then.

5 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

OK, sorry. I didn't know that this was in regards to UK visitors.