Need 2 day covid test after arrival in the UK how and where

flyhi120

We are flying from the US to LHR on Sept 2 to board a Silversea Spirit Cruise on Sep3.  The U.K. wants to know within 48  hours before departure from the US where we will get this covid PCR test that is required on the 2nd day in England and who will administer it.  We need to tell the airline before we are allowed to board.  Silversea has not told us anything.  I have reached out to them and gotten no information. If we are denied flying because of this and cannot get there do we lose our $20,000 which we paid for this cruise that was all set up by Silversea?

22 minutes ago, flyhi120 said:

We are flying from the US to LHR on Sept 2 to board a Silversea Spirit Cruise on Sep3.  The U.K. wants to know within 48  hours before departure from the US where we will get this covid PCR test that is required on the 2nd day in England and who will administer it.  We need to tell the airline before we are allowed to board.  Silversea has not told us anything.  I have reached out to them and gotten no information. If we are denied flying because of this and cannot get there do we lose our $20,000 which we paid for this cruise that was all set up by Silversea?

Most major metro airports do pre-flight Molecular tests with results within 1-2 hours. Depending on where you fly from, you may be a touch late for an appointment only two weeks away.

Find out the specific test required and if there are limits on which labs the UK acceptS. Most, if not all US airport labs are on worldwide approved lists with approved tests. 

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Most major metro airports do pre-flight Molecular tests with results within 1-2 hours. Depending on where you fly from, you may be a touch late for an appointment only two weeks away.

Find out the specific test required and if there are limits on which labs the UK acceptS. Most, if not all US airport labs are on worldwide approved lists with approved tests. 

Th OP is asking about a test required in the UK after they arrive.  Some cruise lines are administering the test prior to boarding.  EM

2 hours ago, flyhi120 said:

Have you asked on the board here for Silversea?  Is there a roll call for your cruise? If there is, what are the others saying/doing?

I see that you are already on your roll call where this is being discussed.  EM 

Edited by Essiesmom

37 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Th OP is asking about a test required in the UK after they arrive.  Some cruise lines are administering the test prior to boarding.  EM

Oops. Misread that. Still, a pre-flight test might be worth the time/effort/cost involved just to relieve angst about what will follow.

I’ve got to believe that a line like Silversea will have a pre-embarkation test. That would, at least, cover the UK demand for folks arriving in country on eve/day of cruise departure.

But, recognizing that many folks will do a pre-cruise land stay of more than 2 days, it may very well end up being OP’s responsibility to identify/secure/complete the test w/o assistance from the cruise line. 

In that case, and depending on how long a UK land stay pre-Cruise, OP could look at getting the test at Heathrow after landing (if it’ll keep them in the 48 hr window before leaving the UK), check with Silversea about any exemptions they’ve secured for what may amount to “in transit” folks and/or who is doing their embarkation testing (if any). Connecting with the line’s port agent may get some referral info as will connecting with their pre-Cruise hotel’s concierge (who could probably also help get an appointment if needed).

I agree that checking the “roll call” might help. But I wouldn’t rely on that as my sole info resource. 

You pre-order the Day2  test befire travelling to the UK. You can have it delivered to your hotel. On your order confirmation,  you receive a unique reference number,  which has to be included in your UK Passenger Location document. If this document is incorrectly filled in, you may be denied boarding at your US airport.

Given the time scale involved, the OP will  be out of the UK before the rest results are available !

I really think Silversea shoukd be giving more assistance here.

• Like 1

This is the link to the UK Government list of approved providers of the day 2 tests.

https://www.gov.uk/find-travel-test-provider

Most hotels will be ok for you to have the test sent to them for you to complete on day 2. Best to tell them in advance.

Alternatively, some of the tests are available to visit the provider.