Future Cruise Deposit

majortom10

Whilst on an Alaska cruise on the QE in June I purchased a FCD in Canadian funds. The agent advised that these can be purchased only by residents of the USA and Canada. She conceded that people from Britain and other countries are really upset about this - and rightly so.

On 7/21/2022 at 11:36 AM, david,Mississauga said:

Whilst on an Alaska cruise on the QE in June I purchased a FCD in Canadian funds. The agent advised that these can be purchased only by residents of the USA and Canada. She conceded that people from Britain and other countries are really upset about this - and rightly so.

Has there been any explanation from Cunard for the discriminatory nature of this 'rule'?

8 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Has there been any explanation from Cunard for the discriminatory nature of this 'rule'?

In a word NO

One has, plus many CC members also have, raised this question, but Cunard never issued a satisfactory explanation, only answering with waffle.
Cunard, from their perspective, consider waffle as being totally acceptable, therefore matter closed.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Grammar

On 7/20/2022 at 6:36 PM, david,Mississauga said:

We also purchased FCDs [US dollars] on the QE in May.