New Bahamas Vax Requirements

ADunk

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I'm perfectly happy to sail on a reduced capacity ship....already have done it on Celebrity Equinox..it was wonderful.  

I'm glad you had a good time. I didn't make any comment as to whether reduced capacity was enjoyable or not. I said RCI seems to be having trouble getting enough people aboard to meet the reduced capacity limit.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 4:23 PM, dswallow said:

The order expires today on November 1, 2021.  

Have you seen anything from St. Thomas?  I know they said they were going to, but I haven’t seen where they have actually done it. . 

Edited by atgood

19 hours ago, dswallow said:

The Preliminary Injunction preventing Florida from enforcing the state law regarding requiring proof of vaccination only applies to the NCL brands that are plaintiffs in the lawsuit.

Florida is free to try to pursue anything they think is a violation of that law against any other party.

Not a lawyer, but traditionally all airlines and ships etc require passengers to show that they have the correct visas for their destination country.  It's the Bahamas which are adding the requirements, and don't be surprised if they start making everybody get a health passport from the Bahamas website even when traveling by cruise line, like we had to do on the Adventure sailings out of Nassau.  So it would be the Bahamas enforcing  vaccines and/or any other requirements before getting the necessary travel visa, not Royal Caribbean.  A fine legal point to be sure but I think that's the key to avoiding legal issues with Florida.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

RCI seems to be having trouble getting enough people aboard to meet the reduced capacity limit.

This is our concern for the cruise industry.  The wife and I are rather hardcore cruisers.  After quite considerable thought, we decided the current protocols are worth giving our Sep cruise on RCI a shot.  After our cruise on the Edge last month (almost zero protocols if vaxxed and an incredible experience)...I don't expect much.

It will be interesting what we decide for our Oct cruise after the Sep experience.  I suspect if the protocols don't get relaxed, we'll hold off until they do (or go back to better protocols).  That being said, I can't imagine the general public signing up for this vacation experience.  Nor do I expect the 'next-cruise' desk to be very busy.  Sure hope I'm wrong.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1