SEPTEMBER VAX REQUIREMENT FOR ALL CRUISES

9 hours ago, dswallow said:

Probably worthy to note the ingredients of mRNA vaccines are pretty different from those associated with flu shots and other vaccinations. So usually someone using that kind of excuse is making up an excuse not really looking at the ingredients and past experiences so much.

Safety: Unlike live-attenuated or viral-vectored vaccines, mRNA is non-infectious and poses no concern for DNA integration—mainly because it cannot enter the nucleus which contains DNA. Other strategies such as protein-based or inactivated vaccines also require chemicals and cell cultures to produce. mRNA is made through a cell-independent process and does not require inactivation; thus, it poses no safety concerns due to contamination with toxic agents.

A Simple Breakdown of the Ingredients in the COVID Vaccines - COVID-19, Health Topics - Hackensack Meridian Health

Yup, this is another excuse by many. We have family who have had horrible reactions to "standard" vaccines. But I constantly showed them data just like this and between that and a confirmation from their doctor, they went ahead and got the Moderna shots. 0 issues. In fact they were so annoyed that they waited so long based on being misinformed...not a surprise. 

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2021 at 8:22 AM, mike123abc said:

I am on Ovation sailing out of Seattle.  They checked to be sure everyone was vaccinated during boarding and gave out white wristbands.  They did not say what the bands were (the bands say "The Royal Comeback" on them).  I thought it was just that they were promoting the return to sailing.  Then then give you a contact tracing watch like band and tell you to wear it everywhere but the pool since they are not water proof.

So, with all the wrist action I take off the white band and leave it in my room.  Well they denied my entry to the theater since they said I has to be vaccinated.  They then told me the white band was a vaccination status band.  I asked the obvious question is if all adults are vaccinated why are they doing the bands?  Of course the door guys do not have an answer (I know they are just doing what they were told to do).

Again why are they forcing the wearing of 2 bands?  I understand the contact tracing one and they were in multiple colors,  Why not make one color for unvaccinated?  Why not only use bands for those under 18, I doubt many 11 year olds could pass for 18 and try to sneak into vaccinated only parts of the ship.

I am happy to be cruising, and I will put up with 2 plastic bands on my wrists for a week.  Maybe I should start wearing them a week or two before the next cruise to get used to them so they will not be as annoying (well not really annoying, just something different that gets your attention over and over).

Hopefully they will figure out that 2 bands is a waste of money and RCL will make a cutback on plastic waste in the near future and only have the contract tracing one (color coded if needed).

My guess is if your the parents of child under 12 that child and the party traveling with that child will all be treated and un-vaxxed even if the parents are vaxxed since the are in close proximity of the un-vaxxed passenger

On 8/21/2021 at 9:22 AM, mike123abc said:

I am on Ovation sailing out of Seattle.  They checked to be sure everyone was vaccinated during boarding and gave out white wristbands.  They did not say what the bands were (the bands say "The Royal Comeback" on them).  I thought it was just that they were promoting the return to sailing.  Then then give you a contact tracing watch like band and tell you to wear it everywhere but the pool since they are not water proof.

Again why are they forcing the wearing of 2 bands?  I understand the contact tracing one and they were in multiple colors,  Why not make one color for unvaccinated?  

thanks as I am on Ovation Sept 10th.  I wonder how many folks forget to take off the non water proof one and have to get it changed?

right now I am on PTZTV getting ready to watch you and ship come into Juneau.  Looks like nicer weather than the previous few days.  Poor NCL and HAL have had rainy days.

Also please keep me posted on if the Northstar is going to be FIXED.   And the shows and mood of the ship as well as officers and cruise director.   thanks  have a nice day

3 hours ago, chaswelf said:

My guess is if your the parents of child under 12 that child and the party traveling with that child will all be treated and un-vaxxed even if the parents are vaxxed since the are in close proximity of the un-vaxxed passenger

We just got off IOS with our 7 year old grandsons. They do not treat the entire party as not vaccinated unless they are with you at the time. He spent most of his evenings in Kids Club as it is so great and we were free to move around the ship into the vaccinated venues. When we got our dinning room assignments it was in the room for unvaccinated and even on nights he did not join us we had to use the room but the number of passengers is limited so social distancing is not an issue. Our cruise did require everyone over 12 to be vaccinated, so I actually felt safer on the ship than I do being back on land. 

• Like 2