Are PDAs Allowed on HAL Ships?

jhannah

No, I'm not talking about Personal Digital Assistants ... the hand-held devices like Palm Pilots and Blackberrys that so many people can't seem to do without.

I'm talking about public displays of affection. If I sail HAL will prudish ninnies get their shorts all in a wad if my GF and I just sprawl out on a deck chair and go to it? After all, it's our getaway vacation. We're there to enjoy ourselves. We pay big bucks to be there, so surely there's no problem with pursuing our enjoyment. We love each other deeply, and are not ashamed for others to see just how much.

We've gotten nasty looks in some places from those who obviously don't love their significant others the was we do. But that's their problem ... right? What's really cool is when another couple is motivated by us, and come over and join in.

So, can we freely enjoy our self-expression on a HAL ship?

(Yes, this is very tongue-in-cheek ... an interjection of a wee bit of levity in light of recent posts.)

No, I'm not talking about Personal Digital Assistants ... the hand-held devices like Palm Pilots and Blackberrys that so many people can't seem to do without.

I'm talking about public displays of affection. If I sail HAL will prudish ninnies get their shorts all in a wad if my GF and I just sprawl out on a deck chair and go to it? After all, it's our getaway vacation. We're there to enjoy ourselves. We pay big bucks to be there, so surely there's no problem with pursuing our enjoyment. We love each other deeply, and are not ashamed for others to see just how much.

We've gotten nasty looks in some places from those who obviously don't love their significant others the was we do. But that's their problem ... right? What's really cool is when another couple is motivated by us, and come over and join in.

(Yes, this is very tongue-in-cheek ... an interjection of a wee bit of levity in light of recent posts.)

You bet....as long as it is in the dining room during dinner on formal night and you have your dress undies on!

Hey Mister

You take that kind of behavior up to the topless deck *LOL*

Don't do it during Catholic Mass. I mean, they preach loving your neighbor, but I think they mean in a general sort of way and not like two hormone-driven teenagers in the back of a movie theater. Kinda distracts from the homily.

Reminds me of the joke with the punchline "We can't eat in Howard Johnson's anymore"

Is this really you? What on land or sea are you trying to stir up? Do you want to join our on board S**t disturber group? Membership is open. Too funny,

and uh, stay away from the plastic baggie with the *****.

PS

I just read your footnote, never mind applying for membership, I just voted to into lifetime status as one of our favorite S**t Disturbers.

GN

I can see the scene now on the Aft Lido Deck...

"Johnny!!! What are you doing to that little boy?!?! Pull your shorts up Right NOW!"

"We're just playing 'Leapfrog', Mommy"

"Where in earth did you get the idea to play like THAT?!?!

(Pointing over the aft rail at Jim's verandah) "We're just playing like that man and that lady down there..."

:eek:

There's a reason the kids are meant to stay at the midships pool

;)

First, I need clarification - please define "go to it.":D

I believe you should follow the same "rules" that you would in any other place. I see nothing wrong with a little kiss, hug, squeeze, etc... However, extended time engaging in those activities often leads to - uh, "other activities.":eek:

Are you going to be one of those individuals I'm going to have to tell "GET A ROOM, BUDDY!":p

Seriously, if folks don't like what they see they always have the option of "looking the other way." Who are they to dictate what is proper and improper behavior.

However, this all does remind me of a time when I was in college and I went to the Indy 500. There's a big field that you can "camp" in the night before, and then see the race in the "snake pit." Nothing can describe the experience - you see it all. I did see a "PDA" that left nothing to the imagination.

I'm talking about public displays of affection. If I sail HAL will prudish ninnies get their shorts all in a wad if my GF and I just sprawl out on a deck chair and go to it?

I can see the scene now on the Aft Lido Deck...

"Johnny!!! What are you doing to that little boy?!?! Pull your shorts up Right NOW!"

"We're just playing 'Leapfrog', Mommy"

"Where in earth did you get the idea to play like THAT?!?!

(Pointing over the aft rail at Jim's verandah) "We're just playing like that man and that lady down there..."

:eek:

There's a reason the kids are meant to stay at the midships pool

;)

*LOL*

Buddy Hacket used to tell a story about when he was little and his Grandmother took him to the park. He saw two dogs "going at it" and asked his grandmother what they were doing. Embaressed, the grandmother told him "The dog in front is sick and the dog in back is pushing him to Mt. Sinai Hospital" A few years later he is in the park and sees two people behind a tree in the same position. He runs over to them and yells "Call an ambulance , call an ambulance some one is sick and needs to go to the hospital".

Then Hackett ( In true Hackett form *LOL*) says "They beat the hell out of me , two of the meanest guys I ever met" *LOL*

Just remember, it's not the size of the mast but the motion of the ocean. :)

Re: the GF - reminds me of my son's 2nd birthday party when my very married parents were watching the boy open presents. One of the presents included little Fisher Price people. One of the figures was a dark-haired policeman in a blue uniform who resembled my father, and the other was a blonde girl. My mother was talking to my son about the new toys.

Grandma, pointing to the toy man: "Who's that?"

Kid: "Grampa."

Grandma, pointing to the toy girl: "And who is that?"

Kid: "Girlfriend"

Cheers,

Friday

I saw this post...Though you were asking about a Palm Pilot and thought "Jim has lost his mind...Why would there be any rules against Palm Pilots?" Then I started reading the post and thought..."OMG Jim HAS lost his mind!" THEN I saw the small print!

This is Hilarious Jim! I just hope I don't see the old guy in his speedo and the lady who shouldn't be wearing that string bikini "Going at it" in the pool!

I just hope I don't see the old guy in his speedo and the lady who shouldn't be wearing that string bikini "Going at it" in the pool!

And just why do you think my lady shouldn't be wearing a string bikini? I think she looks very sexy... and SHE thinks I look dashing in my Speedos. But I do agree about the pool... we prefer the hotub, sans suits.

Grumpy1...

We prefer the hotub, sans suits.
Why on earth would anyone wear a suit in a hot tub? Ever try to relax in one of those things when you have a wet jacket on? Much less a tie? Or am I missing something here?

Archived