Bidding for upgrades - timetable

Russiamomm

Hi everyone.  I just bid for an upgrade into the Haven for my 10/10 cruise.  I know they said I’ll be notified from 1-14 days prior to departure but I’m wondering what others’ experience is - especially on recent cruises.  Should I try to be patient or is there a chance I’ll hear back sooner?  😃

It can be anytime, even right away if you put in a generous bid, they will snap it up before you get a chance to change your mind.

Most of the reports I have seen have been just a few days before sailing, I have always expected to be told about 3 days out if successful.

It all depends on how badly they want your current cabin and what they think the odds are that they will sell the cabin you are bidding on.

If you are in a sold-out category, upgrades can happen quickly, otherwise you probably won't hear until close to departure date.

Thanks everyone. I think I’ll just have to be patient.  (Not one of my virtues.  LOL).  My bid isn’t that strong and there seem to a lot of my current cabins available, but you never know.  I think it will all depend on how many more cabins they can sell.

3 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

Thanks everyone. I think I’ll just have to be patient.  (Not one of my virtues.  LOL).  My bid isn’t that strong and there seem to a lot of my current cabins available, but you never know.  I think it will all depend on how many more cabins they can sell.

I have bid max on several Haven categories and was not accepted despite plenty of cabins. I have had my friends not bid max and have been accepted on the same cruise?????  I wonder what the real parameters are? 

Steve

9 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I have bid max on several Haven categories and was not accepted despite plenty of cabins. I have had my friends not bid max and have been accepted on the same cruise?????  I wonder what the real parameters are? 

Steve

Maybe past spending on cruises?

2 hours ago, Russiamomm said:

Hi everyone.  I just bid for an upgrade into the Haven for my 10/10 cruise.  I know they said I’ll be notified from 1-14 days prior to departure but I’m wondering what others’ experience is - especially on recent cruises.  Should I try to be patient or is there a chance I’ll hear back sooner?  😃

We received our notice of failed Haven bid the day before cruise. 

I have actually won both bids I've made on NCL.  One for Breakaway from balcony to Courtyard penthouse, and Jade Oceanview to mini-suite(after winning that bid I ended up calling and upgraded to aft suite) just reached platinum status our last cruise which was the Jade.

I have received the notification anywhere for both about 30 days prior.  

Hoping to win the bid to Haven from Club Balcony on the same cruise as the OP.  Good luck to both of us.  

With covid limiting capacity it will be interesting to see how it plays out for this sailing.  

Just the wife and I on this sailing so we don't need the extra space as much as when our 19 year sails with us.

24 minutes ago, keep on cruisin said:

I have actually won both bids I've made on NCL.  One for Breakaway from balcony to Courtyard penthouse, and Jade Oceanview to mini-suite(after winning that bid I ended up calling and upgraded to aft suite) just reached platinum status our last cruise which was the Jade.

I have received the notification anywhere for both about 30 days prior.  

Hoping to win the bid to Haven from Club Balcony on the same cruise as the OP.  Good luck to both of us.  

With covid limiting capacity it will be interesting to see how it plays out for this sailing.  

Just the wife and I on this sailing so we don't need the extra space as much as when our 19 year sails with us.

Will definitely be interesting to watch.  I’ve spent the afternoon watching YouTube videos of the Haven. Seriously considering upping my bid.  Because, heck, I deserve it.  LOL

either way I’ll see you on the ship!  Can’t wait.

Breakaway Haven is really nice.  We have been in the Haven proper twice. 2 bedroom once(pre-bidding, got upsell from aft balcony, was just the 2 of us, but the extra bathroom was nice to have and our son is still mad at us for having a room just hold our luggage while he was at first week of a new school year) and the previously mentioned Courtyard penthouse.  The other was in the aft penthouse but as much as we loved that room and all the space on the huge balcony, we felt the distance from the actual Haven prevented us from taking advantage of the amenities it included.  

See you on board, and the other sites roll call. 

25 minutes ago, keep on cruisin said:

Breakaway Haven is really nice.  We have been in the Haven proper twice. 2 bedroom once(pre-bidding, got upsell from aft balcony, was just the 2 of us, but the extra bathroom was nice to have and our son is still mad at us for having a room just hold our luggage while he was at first week of a new school year) and the previously mentioned Courtyard penthouse.  The other was in the aft penthouse but as much as we loved that room and all the space on the huge balcony, we felt the distance from the actual Haven prevented us from taking advantage of the amenities it included.  

See you on board, and the other sites roll call. 

That sounds wonderful.  I really want to be in the actual Haven complex.  I only bid on the Courtyard Penthouse and the Spa Haven cabin.  I already paid for the thermal spa with my club suite.  I don’t like the idea of being outside the main Haven area but at least it’s close!  We’ll see what happens.  Looking forward to meeting you!

18 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

That sounds wonderful.  I really want to be in the actual Haven complex.  I only bid on the Courtyard Penthouse and the Spa Haven cabin.  I already paid for the thermal spa with my club suite.  I don’t like the idea of being outside the main Haven area but at least it’s close!  We’ll see what happens.  Looking forward to meeting you!

Just so you know, if your club suite included the thermal spa and you get the courtyard penthouse, you will lose the thermal spa. Only if you get the spa haven cabin will you get to keep the thermal spa. Unless you bought the thermal spa already, then I wouldn’t bid on the haven spa.

just noticed that the thermal spa is not included with the club suite. So you are good to go. 🙂

Edited by SwimmingDragon

6 minutes ago, SwimmingDragon said:

Just so you know, if your club suite included the thermal spa and you get the courtyard penthouse, you will lose the thermal spa. Only if you get the spa haven cabin will you get to keep the thermal spa. Unless you bought the thermal spa already, then I wouldn’t bid on the haven spa.

Gotcha.  I’m not in a spa suite. I paid for it separately.  I figure if I win the Haven spa I can cancel the add on and get my $199 back.  For me, the thermal spa is a must. Wouldn’t sail without it.  😃

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OrcaGirl said:

If you purchase the thermal spa and then win a bid on a spa cabin, are you able to get the passes refunded?

I would think so. They would be two separate things. Only thing I do know of is you don’t get the extra points if you get upgraded to Haven. They keep you at the regular number of loyal rewards points. That happened to me last time. 

On 8/20/2021 at 5:38 PM, Russiamomm said:

Our cruise is Oct 17.  When do they notify you that you can bid?

1 hour ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

Our cruise is Oct 17.  When do they notify you that you can bid?

We got our notification on Monday 08/16 for  10/10 cruise.  I would guess based on that time line, you will get your offer tomorrow.  But that would assume that they send the the time for all cruises.  I am not sure if that is factual.  There may be other factors involved such as room availability, how many cancelations at final payment...etc.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, keep on cruisin said:

We got our notification on Monday 08/16 for  10/10 cruise.  I would guess based on that time line, you will get your offer tomorrow.  But that would assume that they send the the time for all cruises.  I am not sure if that is factual.  There may be other factors involved such as room availability, how many cancelations at final payment...etc.

Thank you!!!