Windstar doing any country’s entry document requirements

Oldsweets

Will be interesting to see how Windstar handles the different countries requirements for entry requirements for Covid. We are booked in Sept to travel from Athens to Venice and then onto Rome Port on a trip just over 2 weeks long.     We know through our research that Italy require you get pre approved for entry and as a precaution went ahead and accomplished this documentation.  Sadly, nothing from Windstar about what we should do and what they will do in this arena.  Seems strange as we cruised Celebrity and they did provide details on special requirements fir each country outlining what they would do vs what we needed to ensure we accomplish.   We decided have two documents for entry into Italy for disembarkation would be better then having none.   I guess our concern is not what we know and what we have done but rather what is it we don’t know.  

For our cruise from Sint Maarten, Windstar simply pointed us to the country's own websites for entry information.   This is much safer for them since they have no control over the ever changing national entry requirements nor should they assume the responsibility to inform each passenger every time they change.  I support their decision - a little self responsibility never hurt anyone.

• Like 1

Ah hah….. that is the point.  From what I can determine from the Windstar site I need do nothing other then have been vaccinated and have proof.  But when I look at the entry requirements through the airlines or any other site that takes me to these countries the requirements are clearly laid out.  So be careful I accomplished what May well prove to be a waste of paper and time.  Yes, I am going to call windstar in a week when the trip is closer and see what if anything they can advise.  I am waiting simply because it can obviously change.  Just as the shore excursions can change.  When I called Windstar they advised that while the rules today allow self tours for Greece they don’t allow them for any of our many other stops but that they won’t really know the rules until closer to sailing. 

We received a letter last night from Windstar about our cruise with some vague advice referring us to a site that lists country requirements and advising  us we meet these requirements for each country.  It also says that Greece and Croatia don’t require tourism restrictions and we can venture out on our own while all other locations do require ship sponsored tours.   We will call Windstar this morning to clear up some confusing details in the letter as clearly we can’t afford to book something from an external site to only be denied entry.   

Our TA contacted WS and was told that since we’ve completed the forms for our entry via Greece we’re good to go and that WS will take care of anything else needed mid cruise. I think that does not include the disembarkation test. 

I also heard the same thing when I called Windstar.  I should add that they said that the purser will accomplishing any needed documentation needed for each guest per location. I did also ask about self tours and told that no changes from the letter but things could be change and once aboard.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, grampanonna said:

See you onboard. I too have the Greece and Italy completed. I see there is a Croatia form needed. I’m thinking let Windstar handle that. Stay well. 

Did you to Italy just to be safe, or is there something you learned, counter to what Windstar is saying about not needing them that made you decide to go ahead?