Please tell them it’s safe: Our Mini Trip Report – Allure 8/15-8/22

4 minutes ago, sharktums said:

Thanks for the report!

Do you (or anyone else who has recently sailed) know if the crew onboard want anything other than money right now? Obviously we're going to tip more than normal, but there have been reports that it's harder for the crew to get off the boat and shop lately and we'd love to bring them any toiletries or random supplies they may need as well as cash!

We heard there is availability to them of toiletries on board...but not always what they want.  Like I heard one mention they can't find non gel deodorant...but honestly if you don't know what specifically they want, it may not be worth it to bring. I believe they can also get amazon deliveries...so cash may be king right now!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CruiserCindy said:

Hi Where do you live in NH?I am in Acworth and been looking for a place to do antigen test.Most are only doing PCR!!!

We live in Bedford. There are CVS’s in Manchester, Concord, and Salem that do rapid antigen, as well as a few right over the border in Mass.  Fallback option is rapid antigen at Mall of NH parking lot for $60 which has appointments late evenings and weekends.  I didn't call Walgreens.

We were on Independence the same week out of Galveston. Just another vote for how safe it was on board. Everyone over 12 had to be vaccinated, we sailed with our 7 year old grandson so can confirm we had to schedule excurrsions through the ship. We missed Costa May because Grance get there before us but everything was great and we honeslty felt safter on the ship than we did on land and for sure on our flights. We had no issues on the ship as with them which is why you will not hear it reported by the media. It was a great time had more elevators to myself for seven days than in all the past cruises combined. This was a great review and confirms that ships are totally safe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy reading your perspective. You may be getting to this but can you comment on everything suite related like CK and SL. I have read others say that suites are basically at capacity so there is crowding in suite specific areas. Thanks for taking the time to give your review.

35 minutes ago, Jkaczanowski said:

We live in Bedford. There are CVS’s in Manchester, Concord, and Salem that do rapid antigen, as well as a few right over the border in Mass.  Fallback option is rapid antigen at Mall of NH parking lot for $60 which has appointments late evenings and weekends.  I didn't call Walgreens.

Yeah, like I said...it is great to be in an area with more options!  I do believe there was one private place that would do an antigen test for $150/person 

3 minutes ago, Espn said:

Enjoy reading your perspective. You may be getting to this but can you comment on everything suite related like CK and SL. I have read others say that suites are basically at capacity so there is crowding in suite specific areas. Thanks for taking the time to give your review.

Coming soon with CK and SL thoughts!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, luckyfincruiser said:

Yeah, like I said...it is great to be in an area with more options!  I do believe there was one private place that would do an antigen test for $150/person 

sorry for the misunderstanding.  I was replying to CruiserCindy who lives in New Hampshire and wanted to know where I was finding tests.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luckyfincruiser said:

that's it...and we have walked before...but yup..as stated here, they have a shuttle...and my husband was the only one on it...THAT is how low capacity this was!

hmm, I don't know about walking 4 miles with the suitcases. 🙂 I am sure none of us will want to. Dad is elderly and not that mobile, and neither am I, despite me being your age. 🙂

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Thanks. All great information. We sail on Allure Oct 17 and was trying to decide where to eat the night before. We are at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach, but may look at switching if the price is right. I would expect by October the capacity will be up a bit, but we will make the most of any reduced capacity. Thank you again.

Regarding the tracelets, they were absolutely no big deal.  Easy on and off at night, didn't even realize that it was on.  You get to pick your own color, and to be honest, I was a little jealous of the people who had the RCCL Logo on theirs, mine was blank!! LOL

When you get them to put on at check in, they tell you they are not waterproof, so I took mine off at the pool.  The lifeguard was all over me like white on rice!  They want them on ALL the time!  It's for everyone's benefit.

In regards to a place to go to eat near PC, we went to the Pier in Cocoa Beach.  Make a left at the crappy Days Inn that we booked, and walked out of, and there's a parking lot with a LONG pier.  At the end, the Riki Tiki Lounge, the food was great, the beer was cold, and its over the ocean overlooking the surfers, pretty cool spot!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

We were on Independence the same week out of Galveston. Just another vote for how safe it was on board. Everyone over 12 had to be vaccinated, we sailed with our 7 year old grandson so can confirm we had to schedule excurrsions through the ship. We missed Costa May because Grance get there before us but everything was great and we honeslty felt safter on the ship than we did on land and for sure on our flights. We had no issues on the ship as with them which is why you will not hear it reported by the media. It was a great time had more elevators to myself for seven days than in all the past cruises combined. This was a great review and confirms that ships are totally safe. 

We’re you able to schedule any excursion you wanted? Or did they have specific tours for unvaccinated guests and kids?

Suite Lounge/Coastal Kitchen (I've seen several people waiting for this one!)

😀
We typically stay in suites just because we love the suites and the suite lounge so we of course wanted to compare our previous experiences to this time.  Interestingly while the ship was at such low capacity, the suites were almost all full.  I believe we were told that only two suites were unoccupied.  So the suite lounge was really hopping to say the least.  

Nothing changed as far as bar service, suite lounge appetizers (except they are served to you).  They did wipe down each table in the lounge in between guests.  Bar service was great as usual and there were many servers in the lounge.  We enjoy the pre dinner cocktails every night in the suite lounge and it was as it was before.  There was only one concierge instead of two (Dexter is awesome!) and it is hard to believe Royal would book all the suites and yet cut back to only one concierge.  

We got drinks during the day from 11-11 as it has previously been. Bottled water and beer were no problem.

Coastal Kitchen is our preferred place for dinner each night when staying in a suite.  It was very busy compared to the rest of the ship. There were a few times we had to wait for a table even though we had a standing 6:30 reservation.  The food was excellent as usual!  The servers were friendly.  I took no pictures of the suite lounge!  I guess I was enjoying my drinks and food!  

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

More to come about night life, live music, shows and masking experience...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1