10:15 AM flight out of FLL

trstr

No ship has sailed from FT Lauderdale since Covid, so no one can answer your Covid related aspects.

Pre-Covid, if you were able to be off the ship very early on, perhaps carrying your luggage, and grab a taxi, you could typically make a 10:15 flight. Will you have an ability to be off very early? Discussed here quite frequently.

For a 10:15 flight you need to be at FLL by about 8:45 - and earlier is better with the typical TSA chaos.  The cab ride from PE to FLL takes about 15+ minutes, so that translates into off the ship with bag and clear of customs, immigration and whatever medical screening may be required NLT 8:15 or so.

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home?  I would book a later flight, but it's your call.

Have a great cruise! 

Need to also factor morning traffic (especially if your return is during the work week) heading south on I-95 and any accidents that may pop-up along the way.  Agree with Steve20832 see if you can change to a later flight possibly.  This way you don't need to become immediately stressed to make it in time.  You can still be on Vacay - Time instead.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

8 hours ago, alliebrandy said:

Need to also factor morning traffic (especially if your return is during the work week) heading south on I-95 and any accidents that may pop-up along the way.

OP is disembarking at Port Everglades (not Port Miami) and flying out of Fort Lauderdale airport so traffic isn't a big concern.  Being risk averse and hating to end a cruise on a bad note, I too would recommend getting a later flight.

9 hours ago, capriccio said:

OP is disembarking at Port Everglades (not Port Miami) and flying out of Fort Lauderdale airport so traffic isn't a big concern.  Being risk averse and hating to end a cruise on a bad note, I too would recommend getting a later flight.

You are correct, I did think that they were traveling to MIA.  My error.  But I do believe IMHO that if the OP is able to reschedule to a later flight, then there is no need to be rushed and stressed the morning of disembarkation to make an early flight.  Unexpected issues can occur to cause a delay regardless if the airport is just "technically" a 10-15 min ( 3 mile) ride away.

We made a 10:10 flight out of FLL pre-pandemic with only a few minutes to spare.  Customs was late arriving at the port. FLL was a zoo.  We had TSA precheck or would of not made it.  Would not book a flight again that was earlier than 11 and probably closer to noon.  As other have said why ruin a great vacation.

There's too many variables.

I mean, TECHNICALLY you could walk from PE to FLL

But in reality, you'd need everything to go right.

Just work it backwards....I will assume checked bags, because you're coming off a cruise.

So, that's an hour, that's 9:15am to check bags

Then meeting your ride and getting to FLL....if everything goes exactly right, maybe a half hour. If lucky.

You still have disembark group #, not getting stuck behind that "one guy", or you having any bag issues.

I still say it can't be done, not with comfort. Someone might get lucky, but they'd be just that, lucky

Do the self debarkation early walk off with your luggage thing, grab a cab, and you should make that flight with no problem. You will be sitting there drinking your coffee thinking your flight could have been even earlier.

Of course your could run into an unforeseen delay. Or the ship could be late getting back. Or a million other things could happen. 

Your flight time is not too early if things go as they almost always do.