Cabin 9000 on the Star

sarar

It is a beautiful cabin but does have some restrictions that I did not like at all. Thi is a review of the Dawn cabin, but Star is the same.  9000 is a full suite category you get many more amenities  than you would get in a mini suite.

Edited by knitlady037

4 hours ago, sarar said:

Has anyone stayed in cabin/stateroom 9000 on the Star, a forward facing penthouse with a large balcony?  I change from cabin 11610 and now hoping I have made the correct decision?

While we have not stayed in that exact stateroom, we have been in similar staterooms on other ships. We LOVE the forward facing penthouse staterooms on the small ships. They are the best rooms on the ships. And on Deck 9, you can hold a dance party on your balcony. 

a few years back, we stayed in cabin 10502, which is essentially the same cabin. i think y ou will enjoy the suite, and not regret the change. remember you also get the butler and concierge, plus the priority that comes with a suite. unfortunately, the star doesnt have the haven restaurant or bar, but you still eat breakfast and lunch at either cagneys or moderno

40 minutes ago, complawyer said:

a few years back, we stayed in cabin 10502, which is essentially the same cabin. i think y ou will enjoy the suite, and not regret the change. remember you also get the butler and concierge, plus the priority that comes with a suite. unfortunately, the star doesnt have the haven restaurant or bar, but you still eat breakfast and lunch at either cagneys or moderno

Great thanks, that was going to be my next question, are we still allowed to have breakfast in Cagneys, but you have answered my question.  We had cabin/stateroom 9236 an Aft facing penthouse with large balcony and we enjoyed being able to have breakfast in Cagneys.

1 hour ago, sarar said:

Great thanks, that was going to be my next question, are we still allowed to have breakfast in Cagneys, but you have answered my question.  We had cabin/stateroom 9236 an Aft facing penthouse with large balcony and we enjoyed being able to have breakfast in Cagneys.

Breakfast and lunch served daily in the Suites restaurant. 

The balcony is about 100 sq ft. You can have some shade or be out in the sun. 

While the ship is underway, if you sit in your deck chair or lounger, the steel hull sweeps the breeze over your head (yeah if you stand at the rail while underway, you get the full force of the apparent winds at the time.)

image.png.e201e5033d5600e7a159f9f004555561.png

image.png.c141a03366706d7b1b5d3efda5e3637c.png

image.png.ce8875cedaec3f71a3efd1760ed83e50.png

We have stayed in this suite on the Star....LOVED IT!. It is pretty darn windy while the ship is sailing, but the views when coming into ports is worth it. We were so spoiled on this ship by our concierge team. This room is cozy feeling, too....a bit of rocking and rolling since it is forward but lulled us right to sleep every night!

1 hour ago, disneyliz said:

We have stayed in this suite on the Star....LOVED IT!. It is pretty darn windy while the ship is sailing, but the views when coming into ports is worth it. We were so spoiled on this ship by our concierge team. This room is cozy feeling, too....a bit of rocking and rolling since it is forward but lulled us right to sleep every night!

Thanks for your reply, I have booked cabin 9000 on the star and am now afraid that the balcony door could be one of those funny doors rather then a regular sliding door?  I have mobility problems.

16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The balcony is about 100 sq ft. You can have some shade or be out in the sun. 

While the ship is underway, if you sit in your deck chair or lounger, the steel hull sweeps the breeze over your head (yeah if you stand at the rail while underway, you get the full force of the apparent winds at the time.)

image.png.e201e5033d5600e7a159f9f004555561.png

image.png.c141a03366706d7b1b5d3efda5e3637c.png

image.png.ce8875cedaec3f71a3efd1760ed83e50.png

How many years ago were these photos taken and are they cabin 9000 on the NCL Star?  I have been assured that all these doors have now been replaced by balcony sliding doors in the 2018 refurbishment. but have a feeling that she just wanted to get me off the live chat, she kept telling me how busy they were.

I have finally decided on 9732 an Aft facing Penthouse, after moving about 3 times since my original booking of cabin 11610.  We stayed in cabin 9236 a few years ago which was an aft facing penthouse with large balcony, this time we are close but have a corner one so not sure how the balcony will be, has anyone had 9732 before?  TIA

1 hour ago, sarar said:

I have finally decided on 9732 an Aft facing Penthouse, after moving about 3 times since my original booking of cabin 11610.  We stayed in cabin 9236 a few years ago which was an aft facing penthouse with large balcony, this time we are close but have a corner one so not sure how the balcony will be, has anyone had 9732 before?  TIA

We sailed in the opposite corner cabin.  The balcony is large and does wrap around to the side of the ship.  However, you can really only stand on that part of the balcony.  

Edited by milolii
  • Thanks 1

Beware having the balcony door open AT THE SAME TIME as the cabin door - - -

centrifuge vortex all rolled into one - this especially when underway into a breeze

all loose items in the cabin maybe launched into the interior passageway

Also there maybe lighting restriction at night while out on the balcony -

the Bridge is overhead (2 decks) no bright lighting inhibiting the crews vision/attention 

Otherwise ENJOY your suite suite life - - -

You have half a ship to walk and 4 decks to climb to Breakfast or Lunch at Cagney's/Moderno

to burn off those extra calorie treats  

15 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Beware having the balcony door open AT THE SAME TIME as the cabin door - - -

centrifuge vortex all rolled into one - this especially when underway into a breeze

all loose items in the cabin maybe launched into the interior passageway

Also there maybe lighting restriction at night while out on the balcony -

the Bridge is overhead (2 decks) no bright lighting inhibiting the crews vision/attention 

Otherwise ENJOY your suite suite life - - -

You have half a ship to walk and 4 decks to climb to Breakfast or Lunch at Cagney's/Moderno

to burn off those extra calorie treats  

My mum and dad will be the ones burning the calories as they will be pushing me in the wheelchair😂