Platinum Studio Photography

cruisinnorth

Hi All,  We are curious about the Platinum Studio photo package.  We checked out the Princess website found very little little information.  Has anyone taken advantage of this and if so could you please share any details you might have?  

Thanks,

Dave & Susan

A friend of mine had it done 10 years ago when our cruise coincided with her starting a new career and wanting some professional headshots. Since she wanted the digital files, and selected a handful of shots (5 or 6) it was somewhere around $1300, I vaguely recall. A single shot would have been quite expensive, but once you get up to 5 or 6, the price per shot falls quickly. Or did, when she had it done 10 years ago. Once she selected the photos she wanted they sent the files off to their Platinum Studios HQ for photoshopping, and sent her a CD with the files a couple of months later.

The shots were good, but a bit pricey for what is, in all honesty, a very rigid and formulaic studio set up. But the sitting used to be free, so if it still is you can give it a try, and see what you think. 

The prints are b&w, not color. You do not receive them on the cruise as the photo is sent to a land laboratory where some enhancements are made (example: get rid of a stray hair) and the photo is printed a very good paper and then mailed to your home.

In 2014 the cost for a single 8x10 was $199.

We got 7 8x10 and an 11x14 for about $1500. They're mounted on backing board, so I think good quality. They weren't cheap, but, if you're like me and value photo memories, they're worth it. We had them professionally framed and they're all actually hanging on the wall.

• Like 1

My 2 sisters and I went.  The photographer took several dozen photos, the 3 of us in several poses and then each one of us individually in different poses.  We only wanted 1 good portrait and said no to a package, instead chosing the one photo we liked best.  We bought the digital format for $300.  Sounds expensive but it is a really nice photo of the 3 of us and we can make more copies if we wish which adds to the value.  The point being is after the sitting you can choose which photos and which package you want.  Or just one.

Side story; we had such a good time with this young man.  He was so much fun.  And yeah, I get that he was trying to sell us a larger package.  Anyway, he happened to be around one night when all the photo stations were set up.  We called out to him to come and have his picture taken with us and he was more than willing.  We now have a very nice photo of the 3 of us (3 older women) with this handsome young man.  Got lots of comments from the kids in our family, "Ummm, Mom, Auntie.  Who is the man in this picture?" Made us giggle.

• Like 1