Canadian Resident- Mixed Vaccinations -is RCL recognizing them?

Hi Everyone!

I'm a Canadian resident and here in Canada the government recognizes and suggests mixing MRna Vaccinations. I have ONE Pfizer and ONE Moderna. I'm considered fully vaccinated here.   Reading online, it seems RCL is only recognizing two of the same vaccine or one J&J as being fully vaccinated.  I called RCL and got one answer that I "should be fine,' from one rep and another rep told me I would have to cancel because my mixed doses arent recognized. Does anyone have full clarification on this?

Thank you

I am Canadian too but have double Pfizer.  At this time you cannot sail out of the US with mixed doses as they are not recognized by the CDC.  You can sail out of other countries, as long as doses meet certain guidelines.  Details are here:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-vaccines-are-accepted

Mixed Vaccines from Different Manufacturers

We understand some guests may have been vaccinated with doses from two different vaccine manufacturers. Whether these are accepted depends on where you are sailing from and the mix of manufacturers.  

For Cruises Departing from U.S. Ports 

The U.S. CDC has clarified their position regarding mixed vaccinations and provided updated guidance to Royal Caribbean. Currently, the CDC does not recognize any mixed combination of COVID-19 vaccines as fully vaccinated.

To be recognized as fully vaccinated, guests must complete a vaccine series with products from the same manufacturer with the last dose administered at least 14 days before their sail date.

To read the CDC’s current guidance on the interchangeability of COVID-19 vaccine products, please consult their published Interim Clinical Considerations.

We continue to encourage the CDC and other U.S. government officials to re-evaluate this policy.

For Cruises Departing from Ports Outside of the U.S. 

For cruises departing from ports outside of the U.S., we will accept guests who are vaccinated with a mixed regimen consisting of 2 shots of the following manufacturer combinations: Pfizer and Moderna, or AstraZeneca with either Pfizer or Moderna. The doses must be separated by at least 28 days and not more than 42 days for mixes of Pfizer and Moderna, and separated by at least 4 weeks and not more than 12 weeks for combinations of AstraZeneca with Pfizer or Moderna.

Mixed vaccines may not be accepted at all ports of call. Guests who are vaccinated with a mixed series may not be allowed to go ashore at these ports, or may need to undergo additional testing if they wish to go ashore.

I posted on another thread, re Canadians, mixing, vaccines etc and posted my  interpretation of a CDC post from their website and interchangeability...as I am totally confused too...I will look for it...but long and short, I wrote both CDC and RCL Mr Bermudez and Mr Bayley, and 1st response was as per CDC etc etc , but then with another follow up email, I pointed out the CDC page and date RE Mixing and where anyone who had to mix mRNA's because of nil supply etc (as is the case for MANY Canadians) - I await their 2nd response.

Its sad, what they have made this into...moving goal post, politicizing a crisis, divisional wars etc

this is the thread where there is alot of post...i think my insert was page 19

Passengers who have used Mixed Vaccination Protocols will not be considered to be Fully Vaccinated per RCI FAQs

• 3 months later...

Yes,

From RCL:

Mixed Vaccines from Different Manufacturers

We accept a mixed vaccination series consisting of doses from different manufacturers, as long as your vaccine series meets the following requirements:

• Must consist of at least two doses of vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA or the World Health Organization.
  • The 2 doses must be administered at least 28 days apart
  • The final dose must be completed at least 14 days before sailing.

Mixed vaccines may not be accepted at all ports of call. Guests who are vaccinated with a mixed series may not be allowed to go ashore at these ports, or may need to undergo additional testing if they wish to go ashore.

Vaccine Trial Participants

U.S. based AstraZeneca and Novavax clinical trial participants will be considered fully vaccinated 14 days after completing their vaccine series, and must provide required documents that show proof of vaccination.

The above vaccine policies are subject to change as we monitor evolving public health guidance and government regulations.