British and Europeans unable to enter USA

little britain

2 hours ago, Yorkshire-Pudding said:

Now, now ladies. Admit it, you were attracted to that good Yorkshire earnest attitude to life. Having said that my DS saw a whippet in Saltaire yesterday for the first time ever.

My mam said, men are like new shoes. You have to break them in! As a Yorkshire woman, Yorkshire shoes are stronger leather and might make your feet hurt more, but they do soften with time and patience. 

Next week is my 31st wedding anniversary. 💑 I didn't marry a Yorkshire man.

OK I confess to being Cornish, but come from good stock!!

5 hours ago, photabitha said:

We too are wondering whether we will be allowed to fly and what will happen on refund.  For us,

The cruise sounds great and a bargain price. If you cannot travel to the States apply for a voucher from BA for the cost of the flights. Then only rebook the flights for a later trip during the BA Sale. There is one currenty but the January one is best. 

We have yet to sail with Oceania. The folk on the CC Oceania Forum really rave about the product. Our Caribbean cruise is not much more expensive than the Sihouette one in a Verandah. Luxury friendly small boats with fabulous food (included speciality restaurants) but limited night life sounds like a good description. We will be Elite on Celebrity after our cruise in September but we intend to cruise multiple lines dependant on the itenerary and price. DW refuses to sail on Marella again though.

I think I must agree with your husband about the World Cruise. You could have great enjoyment planning a World Cruise by plane. The WCs seem to have a larger number of sea days and fewer ports on a distance in comparison with 2 -3 weeks cruises. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 10:40 AM, Yorkshire-Pudding said:

Rumour has it, the reason we can't enter is because the UK used Astrazeneca and it is not authorised for use there. It seems that even their Canadian neighbours can't enter either because they used a mix of vaccine manufacturers. I understand that US mainly used Pfizer or Moderna. There is talk of UK over 50s having boosters possibly of Pfizer so we could find ourselves still excluded for having different vaccines.

Canadian’s have been able to fly to the U.S throughout the pandemic even though the land borders have been closed.

You do not have to be vaccinated to enter the U.S.

The issue is what the CDC is accepting as being fully vaccinated in order to cruise from U.S ports. 
2 shots of Pfizer, 2 shots Moderna, 2 shots AZ is accepted as fully vaxxed.

AZ mixed with any other vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) is NOT classified as being fully vaccinated.

We had to cancel our August cruise because we have AZ/M combo.

We ended up going to Paris instead where our vaccinated status is accepted and had an amazing time.

Edited by pixiedust777
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

Canadian’s have been able to fly to the U.S throughout the pandemic even though the land borders have been closed.

You do not have to be vaccinated to enter the U.S.

The issue is what the CDC is accepting as being fully vaccinated in order to cruise from U.S ports. 
2 shots of Pfizer, 2 shots Moderna, 2 shots AZ is accepted as fully vaxxed.

AZ mixed with any other vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) is NOT classified as being fully vaccinated.

We had to cancel our August cruise because we have AZ/M combo.

We ended up going to Paris instead where are vaccinated status is accepted and had an amazing time.

Thanks for the explanation. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

The cruise sounds great and a bargain price. If you cannot travel to the States apply for a voucher from BA for the cost of the flights. Then only rebook the flights for a later trip during the BA Sale. There is one currenty but the January one is best. 

We have yet to sail with Oceania. The folk on the CC Oceania Forum really rave about the product. Our Caribbean cruise is not much more expensive than the Sihouette one in a Verandah. Luxury friendly small boats with fabulous food (included speciality restaurants) but limited night life sounds like a good description. We will be Elite on Celebrity after our cruise in September but we intend to cruise multiple lines dependant on the itenerary and price. DW refuses to sail on Marella again though.

I think I must agree with your husband about the World Cruise. You could have great enjoyment planning a World Cruise by plane. The WCs seem to have a larger number of sea days and fewer ports on a distance in comparison with 2 -3 weeks cruises. 

Thanks for January sale tip. We normally only fly because DH and I used to fly with them for work.