PCR testing prior to disembarking

Tugboatbob

We have booked a W/B transit on the QM2 for next summer. As Canadians we require the full PCR test before returning home. Some cruise lines are offering this test for international travelers at no extra cost as is the case of a Celebrity cruise we have booked. I cannot find any information as to whether Cunard will be offering this service as if not then we will have to do this ourselves in NYC. I admit we enjoy NYC but it means extra funds for two nights in a hotel plus testing costs.

Any information would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Look at the airport in NYC - they should be able to do a rapid PCR Test on site - many airports have the facilities - Pearson does in Toronto.  You can book just a later afternoon flight - have the test done the same day and with emailed results you can be ready to fly home.  That being said I hope this test is dropped by next summer for those properly v@xxed.  

23 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Things could change before you sail but these are the current charges -

Screenshot_20210914-104700-705.png

Could one bring one's own lateral flow tests on board?  For cruises at the moment obviously - as has been said who knows what will be happening by the time we go next July!. I test twice a week due to my work and my local pharmacy is keen to hand out boxes of 7 tests as soon as I go in. Just wondering, would certainly be cheaper and you do all the testing yourself for the lateral flow tests anyway.